DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dji Mini 3 PRO with Smart Controller ...

• Thread starter Deleted member 154384
  • Start date
If that is the controller it looks like they are going the way some other manufactures are making them look and feel like game controllers.
Mini 3.jpeg

If that is the controller it looks like they are going the way some other manufactures are making them look and feel like game controllers.
View attachment 146153
It will have the mavic 2 controller.

Btw in a way it is amazing that this is the first new consumer DJI design in years. Not counting FPV, we have only had phantom and mavic really. For the past 6 years they all have been variations of the mavic

Ugh I hate that type of controller.
And the sensors on this thing look absolutely huge compared to my mavic air 2 sensors, I don't really like this design of drone and controller.

Ugh I hate that type of controller.
And the sensors on this thing look absolutely huge compared to my mavic air 2 sensors, I don't really like this design of drone and controller.

what don't you like about the drone design? that is has better wind resistance compared to your Air 2? Or that the sensor is better and the gimbal will NEVER tilt down and even will look up when flying upwind still? The sensors are huge so that it works better and also works better in lower light.

what don't you like about the drone design? that is has better wind resistance compared to your Air 2? Or that the sensor is better and the gimbal will NEVER tilt down and even will look up when flying upwind still? The sensors are huge so that it works better and also works better in lower light.
I do understand this, but what I don't like is that its shape will make it go slower, and it will probably be heavier than 250g.
I also just don't like how it looks tbh.

I don't think it'll have better wind resistance at all with that huge open front. It's commented on the video.

I do understand this, but what I don't like is that its shape will make it go slower, and it will probably be heavier than 250g.
I also just don't like how it looks tbh.
I don't think they would label it 249g if it was to heavy bud :) and from what I read on dronedj they said this about the arms. "the arms on the Mini 3 share the same aerodynamic design as the new Mavic 3, and that’s definitely going to improve the new drone’s performance."

• Love
Reactions: Yaros
What most people on this forum don’t understand is that wind resistance on any mavic product, is dictated by the roof over the gimbal. All their drones have better capabilities than you think they do, it is only that DJI does not allow the drones to use it, as the camera would nearly be looking down vertically.

The shape has nothing to do with it, compared to the old “gimbal under a roof, cannot loop up as roof will obstruct view”

Interesting looking thing. As long as it beats the Autel Nano+ for image quality then I'm in.

I think it looks great

All their drones have better capabilities than you think they do, it is only that DJI does not allow the drones to use it, as the camera would nearly be looking down vertically.

The shape has nothing to do with it, compared to the old “gimbal u

It will have the mavic 2 controller.

Btw in a way it is amazing that this is the first new consumer DJI design in years. Not counting FPV, we have only had phantom and mavic really. For the past 6 years they all have been variations of the mavic
Mavic 2 controller? For real?

I don't think it'll have better wind resistance at all with that huge open front. It's commented on the video.
the back of of it has slots so wind can pass through for component cooling.
I would think it was completely wind tested before being the final design settled on.
Put it this way it better work out good to beat out the new Autel Nano+ model.
I am taking a guess at all of this,but it will be fun watching

The design also proves how far ahead of the game the Anafi was; it will be incorporated in all other Mavic drones going forward. No more downward camera tilt, ever. Real, full 360 degree shots without need for fake sky. Extremely high wind resistance; the drones could basically fly against 70km/h winds while still filming forward with no prop in sight. Also no prop in sight anyway.

People will be hating on this drone like no tomorrow once they figure out their air2s and even Mavic 3 will be obsolete in a few months
You got it

Technology moves on. I don't think anyone sensible has any illusions that the DJI drone they buy today won't be obsolete within 12 months.
I buy whatever I need to get the job done and use it until it can no longer do so, or something else comes along that enables me to do the job better. Whether it's obsolete or not is largely irrelevant. I still rock a Panasonic GH4 for ground photography / videography which by any measurement is massively out of date. Works for me though.
Really looking forward to reviews of the new Mini against the Autel Nano+. I'd have bought a Nano+ in a heartbeat if its flight performance was better in the wind. As it is, my Mini 2 can fly when a Nano+ cannot, thus in those conditions the Nano+ would be a paperweight and the Mini 2, a reliable tool.

Technology moves on. I don't think anyone sensible has any illusions that the DJI drone they buy today won't be obsolete within 12 months.
I buy whatever I need to get the job done and use it until it can no longer do so, or something else comes along that enables me to do the job better. Whether it's obsolete or not is largely irrelevant. I still rock a Panasonic GH4 for ground photography / videography which by any measurement is massively out of date. Works for me though.
Really looking forward to reviews of the new Mini against the Autel Nano+. I'd have bought a Nano+ in a heartbeat if its flight performance was better in the wind. As it is, my Mini 2 can fly when a Nano+ cannot, thus in those conditions the Nano+ would be a paperweight and the Mini 2, a reliable tool.
DJI had to do something radically different in design with the mini 3 to try and win back the wow factor.
I like the new design,and give dJI credit for being bold with it.We could probably thank Autel and other
competitors ,for the different aproach dJI took with the mini 3

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scottyg2s