DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dji Mini 3 PRO with Smart Controller ...

• Thread starter Deleted member 154384
  • Start date
DJI had to do something radically different in design with the mini 3 to try and win back the wow factor.
I like the new design,and give dJI credit for being bold with it.We could probably thank Autel and other
competitors ,for the different aproach dJI took with the mini 3
To be fair, mini 3 uses the 4 year old parrot anafi design with obstacle avoidance sensors basically

I don't buy the story that the video leak is from some shop owner who just found it from a flyaway. In that case why are they sitting there with other drones in the background? The direct competitor no less.

When you think about it your right,design wise it does have the anafi design.
I hope it works out good for DJI
For me it is the best as anafi with occusync and obstacle avoidance and sub 250 gram would have been the best drone ever. Which is what the mini 3 looks to be

I have no issues with the design, the only thing is that camera sure does look fragile, let’s hope it’s more robust than it looks… but I doubt it, I fly with a sunshade on my mini 2 just because it’s the most vulnerable part, it looks like Dji attempted to provide a little extra protection but hard to tell just looking

any idea of a release date ? April ? May ? later ... ?
thx

Your guess is as good as anybody's

Reactions: Xblog
From the video it looks like the mini 3 was found after a crash by a DJI beta tester, and whoever found it took it to a local drone dealer, who made the video. for this reason the remote control is not visible and the mini 3 appears to have signs of being dropped.

Cattura658.PNG

Reactions: test2000Anafi
From the video it looks like the mini 3 was found after a crash by a DJI beta tester, and whoever found it took it to a local drone dealer, who made the video. for this reason the remote control is not visible and the mini 3 appears to have signs of being dropped.

View attachment 146238
Correct, the gimbal is secured on both sides. At least that is how it was in the cad-renders. I didn’t expect it to have jaw-rotation but it clearly does.

View attachment 146238
The right side camera support arm is broke off and is missing.The rubber grommet is visible inside the right side arm.Question remains is this the real deal,or a prototype that crashed

That thing looks like a frog! 🐸😀😃😆😄 Anyway, flying frog or not, I notice something fishy in that image: the gimbal design looks like the yaw motor arm is either below the camera (like on a DJI Osmo, not something seen on any drone), or there's no yaw axis stabilizing motor, making it a 2-axis gimbal like it was on the DJI Spark and the Parrot Anafi drone. But on that "Mini 3 Pro" image, nothing seems to be supporting the gimbal camera from above, where the yaw axis stabilizing motor is always located on all 3-axis drone gimbals. So it's either a 2-axis only gimbal (which I doubt a "Pro" labeled model will have), or the image is fake and a good joke 😁
The right camera support is broke off,the rubber grommet is plainly visible inside the right arm.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato