DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Neo (a new 149 gram drone)

For the record I didn’t get the email either. I saw it on YouTube somewhere. I first heard the date from a YouTuber with a thick Eastern Europe accent when everyone else was saying August dates.

I am also on the watch for the Mini 5 Pro. I guess I am more of a drone collector than flyer 😏

Reactions: Torque
I am also on the watch for the Mini 5 Pro. I guess I am more of a drone collector than flyer 😏

Just DJI, or do you have others?

I'm very excited about the "selfie drone" features, and will without a doubt use them.

I'm even more excited about it's other split personality, Mini Avata 2. Basically fully featured, with manual mode, compatability with Goggles 3, MC3, and the FPV RC3, all of which I already have. And full standard DJI GPS and VPS positioning with O4 and the signal penetration and range that come with it. It is the lack of this personality that has kept me from buying a Hover X1.

I don't want a selfie drone. I want a tinywhoop FPV like the Avata 2 that does selfie drone. Voila! The Neo!

Take that and stick it you-know-where Zero Zero Robotics!

And with the Hover X1 Pro MAX, can the Neo Dronus Maximus™ model with 1/1.3" sensor, 25 minute fly time, and hugely expanded voice control via Smartphone or DJI Mic 2 be far behind? I think not 😁

Last edited:
Just DJI, or do you have others?

I'm very excited about the "selfie drone" features, and will without a doubt use them.

I'm even more excited about it's other split personality, Mini Avata 2. Basically fully featured, with manual mode, compatability with Goggles 3, MC3, and the FPV RC3, all of which I already have. And full standard DJI GPS and VPS positioning with O4 and the signal penetration and range that come with it. It is the lack of this personality that has kept me from buying a Hover X1.

I don't want a selfie drone. I want a tinywhoop FPV like the Avata 2 that does selfie drone. Voila! The Neo!

Take that and stick it you-know-where Zero Zero Robotics!
...but if not for that beacon. Big miss on DJI but not too late, I guess.

I’m a DJI fanboy. After blowing thousands the FPV curve was too steep for this 69 year old dog. Betaflight, stuff breaking on the first flight, can’t bind ELRS, the list goes on and on. I love to fly FPV but the constant repairs and my limited ability to figure out how to do repairs got the better of me. My Cetus X was great so I hope the Neo is similar with the sport and normal mode as a good rescue option as well as digital clairity vs analog. I am a back yard flyer that loves to rip. One day I hope to learn photography and videographer to put stuff together. Right now I have trouble downloading to my IMac.

Reactions: Torque
...but if not for that beacon. Big miss on DJI but not too late, I guess.

Meh.

Just add the functionality to DJI Fly so you can use your phone as the beacon. Hover X1 can't do this 'cause no GPS in the drone.

NEO flying hi-pitch sound maybe? Cannot tell for sure:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Just a quick question. Has anyone in the US received the teaser email?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabut