DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Neo (a new 149 gram drone)

Looks like OCTOBER ship dates.
It probably depends on where you live, but looks like it's shipping (for some at least) this week in the US.

1725544417422.png

Reactions: Torque
I'm seeing "Ships September 30th" or "Ships in October" from all the vendors. Was hoping Bestbuy would have it in stock today, but they don't even have it listed. B&H says October, Amazon say "Pre order" so I ordered from DJI....now the wait.

Edit: DJI gave me an estimated shipping date of 10/6/24. Dang it.

Last edited:
Both the drone only and FMC are now listed on the local store chain that always gets DJI stuff first, but not orderable at this point... I called to see if they had some in stock somewhere in a physical store since that's happened before but no.
Would only need the drone since I already have the RC(s) but I guess I'll still have to go with the FMC as usual because the 2 extra batteries and charging hub probably will cost just as much as the difference and not be available for a while.

I agonized (that's drone hobbyist agony, not the actual real stuff 😁) over this for a bit, not wanting yet another RC I won't use.

In the end I threw in the towel and decided to get the FMC anyway because the convenience has value, and I might as well add an RC-N3 to the N2 and N1, I might need/want to fly it VLOS with the full Fly feature set and O4, and that's only happening with the N3.

Unfortunately.

Last edited:
I’m going to end up buying this aren’t I?

Edit - and, I have….

Last edited:
I agonizing (that's drone hobbyist agony, not the actual real stuff 😁) over this for a bit, not wanting yet another RC I won't use.

In the end I threw in the towel and decided to get the FMC anyway because the convenience has value, and I might as well add an RC-N3 to the N2 and N1, I might need/want to fly it VLOS with the full Fly feature set and O4, and that's only happening with the N3.

Unfortunately.
What is the FMC, I'm confused since I'm only seeing two option available for sale in the US:

DJI NEO (No RC)
DJI NEO Combo (No RC)

Outside of the US there is:

DJI NEO Fly More Combo (includes a remote)
plus a couple of other bundles

This feels like a cheaper alternative to the Avata 2, for me the biggest benefit is being a category 1 but not sure if that's enough to justify buying it.

Cheaper? Yes, but it really doesn't look at all like "a Cheaper alternative to the Avata 2" was the design goal at all.

Rather, it seems crystal clear this was conceived, approved, and brought to market chiefly to compete with the Hover X1. Zero Zero Robotics seems to have come to the same conclusion, hence the X1 Pro and Pro MAX that were rushed out to try and steal some thunder from the Neo.

The fact that it ended up being designed as a mini Avata 2 was, in my guessing, some smart marketing or R&D engineer getting the idea that if they designed it that way and enabled flight spanning all the way from X1 selfie style use to full-blown unrestricted manual mode FPV, they could sell to their existing FPV customers too. And everything in between, including RC VLOS with O4, and direct "stick" control from smartphone via wifi.

Some of us here bought X1's out of curiosity, but I suspect they mostly gather dust.

About 75% of my flying is Avata 2 (before that, Avata). If the Neo stands up to what it looks like it's going to be, I'll probably eat up a third to half of my FPV flying with the Neo, just because of it's size and prop cages, there are a lot of places I can go FPV that were a bit dicey with the Avatas.

Last edited:
I’m going to end up buying this aren’t I?

Yes, Padawan, yes you are.

Do not defy Yoda.

1*XIiHVgiHXm8G6tX_aLjOqw.jpeg

The DJI Neo is also now available here on Amazon.

It's available in a drone only package (no remote controller) or combo with extra batteries and other accessories.

1725556438333.png

Guess where I am right now? Hint: A tropical US destination with an active volcano. 😁

1000019841.jpg

I hadn't planned on being here when the Neo was launched, but the rumored date kept getting pushed back. So here I am.

Gonna try to pick one up at Walmart or similar when they hit the shelves. Hope to post some amazing selfie shots here in paradise.

As a serious, somewhat "hard-core" hobbyist, this will be a great test use of the selfie features with the fam. The FPV thrill will have to wait 'til I get home, 'cause I left all my gear behind.

The DJI Neo is also now available here on Amazon.

It's available in a drone only package (no remote controller) or combo with extra batteries and other accessories.

1725556438333.png

Says both won't be available until Sep. 24.

Bummer.

I'm thinking the new X1 models pressured DJI to rush launch before manufacturing had ramped up and the channels filled. Maybe ran into some problems, probably raw goods supply or something, and that's why we saw a moving launch date in the rumor mill.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seangm