DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Neo (a new 149 gram drone)

No standard Remote ID on this drone.

Guarantee you hardly no one is going to attach a module and register it so they can post the selfie videos to their [monetized] Youtube channel. o_O

No standard Remote ID on this drone.

Guarantee you hardly no one is going to attach a module and register it so they can post the selfie videos to their [monetized] Youtube channel. o_O

Bah! None of those people are 107 anyway. They're going to break the rules all over the place. Hover X1 Gen Z'ers have been breaking the 107/monetized rule since it came out, and the FAA doesn't appear to give a...

It will be no different with the Neo. The FAA is mainly concerned with using drones for some sort of serious business, commercial use for hire. People that make a living earning 5,6 figures with drone business. And people exhibiting reckless, illegal behavior to get clicks.

This new category of recreational use will cause a rules change. Give it time.

Last edited:
Reactions: mavic3usa
@Lastrexking, I see by your edit that The Force is strong with you... Yoda Jr. approves!

kyle-reynolds-babyyoda-portfolio-render-hero-lighting-v2.jpg
That’s all the approval I need (please don’t tell my wife that).

Bah! None of those people are 107 anyway. They're going to break the rules all over the place. Hover X1 Gen Z'ers have been breaking the 107/monetized rule since it came out, and the FAA doesn't appear to give a...

It will be no different with the Neo. The FAA is mainly concerned with using drones for some sort of serious business, commercial use for hire. People that make a living earning 5,6 figures with drone business.

This new category of recreational use will cause a rules change. Give it time.
Pretty much every one of the YT guys posting their day one videos on their channel have a part 107. ;)

I just thought it was weird consider DJI tries so hard to abide by the spirit of the law in each country ala DJI Mini series.

Last edited:
It’s affordable and does look fun but cue the “My Neo Crashed” and “For sale: Neo for parts” posts.

Does not support obstacle avoidance, not a good thing for this pilot! 😬

Last edited:
Says both won't be available until Sep. 24.

Bummer.

I'm thinking the new X1 models pressured DJI to rush launch before manufacturing had ramped up and the channels filled. Maybe ran into some problems, probably raw goods supply or something, and that's why we saw a moving launch date in the rumor mill.
The NEO is available now in Canada. Amazon.ca has both versions (drone only and Flymore combo) available for delivery tomorrow (Sept. 6). My local Best Buy has the FMC available, but the drone only is sold out and must be ordered.

Chris

Reactions: 3rdof5 and Torque
Pre-order only. "This item will be released on September 24, 2024."
Yep! It's pre-order only everywhere (in the US) at the moment.

As always, order sooner and receive it sooner.

Reactions: Torque
My order from a local store chain is "packed" so they did have stock locally. Now to see how fast they can deliver to my local branch...

Reactions: Torque
Why does the NEO have a new controller when it's still Occusync 4?
A very good question! The RC-N2 has O4 so what possible difference will the N3 have?
I can buy the NEO here in Canada and have it tomorrow and I do have the RC-N2 already (in fact I updated DJI Fly on the phone I use to fly my mini 4 pro with and it did say support for the RC-N2 as well as the RC2. The NEO is now in the connection list. Still gonna wait abit to see what bugs it has before I buy...

Pretty much every one of the YT guys posting their day one videos on their channel have a part 107. ;)

Yeah, not talking about them.

I'm talking about those two college co-ed besties, Crystal, and her friend Noshoa Birken Wesley Amotota-Schlinglydink Adams, who post mostly to Facebook. No 107. Probably no TRUST either.

These things are becoming safer than being around while some kid learns to throw a baseball. The rules will change if these non-piloted drones become a big thing, and the success the X1 has had is any indicator.

Imagine the parental outrage when the FAA nails some kid 'cause he flew autonomously without TRUST. An object he could throw at you and you might get a little red mark. Guaranteed not to violate the 400ft or VLOS rules.

Last edited:
no bag of any type is certainly one way to cut costs. It will prob live in bag with the avata anyway, but still...
any further posts on this ill be on the Neo forum

Has anyone determined definitively why there is no combo pack with a controller available in the US?

Has anyone determined definitively why there is no combo pack with a controller available in the US?
Don't know for sure but my guess would be if you want one, just add the controller separately to your order for an additional $129...won't that be close to kit price should it eventually becomes available?

I understand the concern, to my knowledge, there was never a situation where a kit combination was released everywhere else in the world except for the US. Not even for "pre-order." There may have been times where something was released in China and not everywhere else but honestly, I believe the NEO will have a kit which comprises controller *and* goggles although I understand if you already have goggles, you may not be happy with that.

IMO (opinion) the biggest kit for sale in the US will be the kit which contains a new set of goggles (and controller) and that may not line up well with three kits already for sale (one of which is a drone + controller). I'm not sure why that's even an option, what are you supposed to do with that if you don't own goggles? Americans will complain and we have laws plus if Christmas comes around a drone kit with controller and goggles arrives for just a few dollars more, you might have a lot of pissed off people who bought (useless drone + controller kit). Imagine if there was a (drone + goggles only) kit; makes no sense...but I don't have the drone so there's that....maybe I'm missing something. I saw not a single video where anyone who had that that kit (drone + controller) made a video showing off that config (but then again....I didn't watch every video).

Reactions: mrwagdog
I have an order with the controller placed with both DJI and Amazon - will cancel one or the other in a week or so. DJI has a shipping date of 10/6 for the Pacific Northwest, and Amazon stated 9/26. However an update from Amazon today has a new shipping date of 10/8.
I'm impatient. Like a kid at Christmas (as Droning On said).

Last edited:
Thanks to the Avata 2, I have the FPV and MC3 so I am good with just the combo. Can’t wait to see how easy (or not) it is to switch between them. Looking at it like that it is appearing to be a smoking hot deal at $289. Try buying a Pico Pavo with 3 batteries with an 03 digital system for that? And with the Pico you get 4 minutes of flight time.

Last edited:
Sadly, the rules for this drone are the same as any other <250g, which means you need to be registered because it's not considered a toy, has a camera, etc, etc.

Hopefully, everyone and his brother will buy this drone to make selfies everywhere around, and the overregulation will get moved away by the mass, pretty much like what happened to cars in their early days.

Realistically, I haven't seen any HoverAirX1 around, and this is basically that, but from DJI... it's way cheaper than the X1 though, less than half the price and has more marketing involved.

Let's cross fingers and, for the sake of the hobby, expect swarms of Neos around major cities, “sensible” areas and touristic places, so regulators get completely overwhelmed.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seangm