DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Neo (a new 149 gram drone)

I thought maybe they would launch but in China first and perhaps pre-order everywhere else. If it is going to go on sale then tomorrow is probably the last day they can do it this week. Maybe I'm old school but to me it makes absolutely no sense to launch a product and have to deal with whatever issues that might come up over a long weekend. Again, I'm still ok with Tuesday but they should open the pre-order and let the review videos fly because...I believe this week is the last few days to pre-order the new HoverAir....I'm tempted. If only I can see what Neo will really do.

Yeah it is tough. I was also hoping to compare HoverAir with Neo but would probably hold out to see whether an Air 3s is forthcoming. I know they are different style drones but I would be leaning more to 3s.

Reactions: LoudThunder
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
I wonder what the delay is? The typical leaks began weeks ago, this is right around when we should be hearing from DJI.

Absolutely pure speculation, but I wonder if something went sideways manufacturing, so getting the retail channel filled before announcement is delayed. That's often the reason for hiccups like this.

Thank you @msinger for these videos.

To save others time and frustration, 99% of the first 3 are simply Igor talking, nothing of consequence to see, so if you don't speak Italian (I think?) don't waste your time with the first 3.

There's some eye-candy in the last video, lots of unboxing shots of the Neo. Again, all Italian, so most of us won't have any idea what he's talking about as he waves the drone around.

But if you're a drooling sixty-something fanboy like me reliving life as a 10 year-old at Christmas over this drone, you'll watch it at least twice 🤣

Last edited:
Not surprised, a DJI launch is never smooth and easy so I hope they don't really botch this one. Maybe not a good idea to snag one of the first units available, maybe wait awhile? I couldn't understand everything in the videos but I got a better idea on some things including how the guard snaps on/off the top. I didn't see or hear the unit actually flying, maybe activations are still blocked?

• Wow

Last edited:
  • Wow
One of the most absolute annoying things about Avata 1 is so so loud; I really hope Neo is super quiet.

I'm going to pass on the Hover BTW; I don't trust Indie.

Here's the entire video on YT with decent english translations if you are interested; he says he bought the drone himself and therefore it cannot yet activate.

It’s not like I have to buy one today but I really want to hear the YouTube guy’s and their opinions. I also can’t wait to see the new goggles.

Maybe September 5th?

It's a bit DJI unlike since I've never seen a product name in any of their teasers.

I didn't receive an email either (been on lists since 2016).

DJI officially posted the announcement on their website here.

1724974483844.png

I'm kinda wondering if this is a DJI snub on USA, like how they never released the Fly Report/year-in-review for anyone in North America. Out of curiosity, did anyone in the USA get this email?
Or maybe overly cautious in light of the ban discussions. Word is getting out through the internet about the Neo anyway, but they may be thinking why stoke the flames in US.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabut