DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dji Newest drone Mavic flyaway Edition

Ouch! Might as well just have laid out your Benjamins
shopping
on the sidewalk.

Tee hee

Yes it was holding steady i lost control at 50 meters about two minutes in Performing a 360 At the time.

OK - that is what the data show. It looks like the wind was variable from the northwest, so presumably it started to drift southeast. From that altitude it should have landed in around 20 seconds, so unlikely to have drifted more than 100 m or so.

EDIT: That's not correct of course - it was another 136 seconds before it disconnected. Call that 150 seconds to landing. Could be several hundred meters.

image.jpg
OK - that is what the data show. It looks like the wind was variable from the northwest, so presumably it started to drift southeast. From that altitude it should have landed in around 20 seconds, so unlikely to have drifted more than 100 m or so.

EDIT: That's not correct of course - it was another 136 seconds before it disconnected. Call that 150 seconds to landing. Could be several hundred meters.

The camera was Intermittent for a minute or 2 after losing Connection my last image was a mile out drifting southeast
Blue dot my house.
Image created using google earth from memory

Thanks I think this give me more Potential search locations

There are two signals that tell some of the story here; gpsUsed and visionUsed. When gpsUsed is true that means that gps is being used to hover in position. gpsUsed was false the entire flight. visionUsed being true means that the vision system is being used to hover in position. VisionUsed was true up until the Mavic started to ascend higher than 40 meters. Shortly after that the Mavic switched to ATTI. I remember another incident where exactly this happened; gpsUsed was false and it was when visionUsed changed from true to false that the switch from GPS+ATTI to ATTI was made. I'll see if I can find it..
upload_2018-1-27_13-50-40.png

You're probably asking how come it was in GPS+ATTI when gpsHealth and numSats were both 0. I suspect that all happened before the .txt started. If gpsHealth goes above 3 then GPS+ATTI mode is set. But, if it then goes below 4 it doesn't reset to ATTI immediately. I should know better by now but looking at the imagery I'm going to guess that the Mavic was powered up where it could get enough satellites and then moved to the launch site where it didn't. @Chriswood718 did something like this happen. It looks like the tablet is inside the house, and the AC moved away from the HomePoint.
upload_2018-1-27_14-0-9.png

The .DAT would be good to have for this. Can you retrieve the .DAT from the tablet - retrieving the .DAT from the Mavic is likely to be difficult or impossible. Look at these instructions
How to retrieve a V3.DAT from the tablet

Reactions: sar104
There are two signals that tell some of the story here; gpsUsed and visionUsed. When gpsUsed is true that means that gps is being used to hover in position. gpsUsed was false the entire flight. visionUsed being true means that the vision system is being used to hover in position. VisionUsed was true up until the Mavic started to ascend higher than 40 meters. Shortly after that the Mavic switched to ATTI. I remember another incident where exactly this happened; gpsUsed was false and it was when visionUsed changed from true to false that the switch from GPS+ATTI to ATTI was made. I'll see if I can find it..
View attachment 29773

You're probably asking how come it was in GPS+ATTI when gpsHealth and numSats were both 0. I suspect that all happened before the .txt started. If gpsHealth goes above 3 then GPS+ATTI mode is set. But, if it then goes below 4 it doesn't reset to ATTI immediately. I should know better by now but looking at the imagery I'm going to guess that the Mavic was powered up where it could get enough satellites and then moved to the launch site where it didn't. @Chriswood718 did something like this happen. It looks like the tablet is inside the house, and the AC moved away from the HomePoint.
View attachment 29775

The .DAT would be good to have for this. Can you retrieve the .DAT from the tablet - retrieving the .DAT from the Mavic is likely to be difficult or impossible. Look at these instructions

I never looked at that - excellent catch. Vision used went from true to false at 106.3 seconds and 41.2 m altitude, and the aircraft switched to ATTI at 108.1 seconds. It still seems very strange that the aircraft never acquired a single satellite during the flight though - I think that has to be a hardware problem.

Reactions: Prado man
View attachment 29773

View attachment 29775

Launch site is middle of house from court yard I move only after lossing all Communication with drone to the south east (my back yard) then I drove my car in a south east direction to Re establish Connection.

Launch site is middle of house from court yard I move only after lossing all Communication with drone to the south east (my back yard) then I drove my car in a south east direction to Re establish Connection.
I was using a iPhone 7 at the time of flight logs update to cloud on ipad

Attachments

• 2018-01-17_17-21-42_FLY025.recDefs.txt
    0 bytes · Views: 4
  • 2018-01-17_17-21-42_FLY025.log.txt
    10.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 2018-01-17_17-21-42_FLY025.config.txt
    0 bytes · Views: 1
  • 2018-01-17_17-24-18_FLY026.config.txt
    0 bytes · Views: 1
  • 2018-01-17_17-24-18_FLY026.recDefs.txt
    0 bytes · Views: 0
  • 2018-01-17_17-24-18_FLY026.log.txt
    21 KB · Views: 4
How do I get the other files to you I couldn’t get the rest
There a lot of tech Involved beginning to think the drone is worth 1000 buck

Just the .DAT files please. There is likely to be some complications getting the right one. So could you zip all the .DATs in the folder on your tablet, upload that .zip to Dropbox or equivalent and then provide a link.

We all make mistakes so I'm not judging you at all for yours. Basically you started the motors up and took off at 0.3 seconds. You had zero satellites locked onto your aircraft which resulted in Attitude mode kicking in at 148.1.
Unfortunately the logs say it all and dji will know straight away.
Best thing to do is put it behind you and use it as positive experience which will ultimately make you a better pilot. Good luck.

Just the .DAT files please. There is likely to be some complications getting the right one. So could you zip all the .DATs in the folder on your tablet, upload that .zip to Dropbox or equivalent and then provide a link.

Attachments

• 2018-01-17_17-21-42_FLY025.DAT.zip
    437.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 2018-01-17_17-24-18_FLY026.DAT.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 7
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member