DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dji Newest drone Mavic flyaway Edition

FLY026 seems to be the right one. And, it does look like GPS was acquired after batteryOn but then lost prior to launch. This would have resulted in GPS+ATTI, gpsUsed = false, and visionUsed = false at launch. Unfortunately, the tablet .DAT doesn't have the gpsHealth signal.
upload_2018-1-27_18-56-38.png

But, like @sar104, it's not clear to me why GPS was not acquired when the AC gained altitude.

Reactions: sar104
We all make mistakes so I'm not judging you at all for yours. Basically you started the motors up and took off at 0.3 seconds. You had zero satellites locked onto your aircraft which resulted in Attitude mode kicking in at 148.1.
Unfortunately the logs say it all and dji will know straight away.
Best thing to do is put it behind you and use it as positive experience which will ultimately make you a better pilot. Good luck.
im very sure I had 13 Satellites when I decided to take off I remember this because I was waiting and I thought it was odd that after update it was in ATTI mode for 5 minutes before take off. then gps kick in with 13 Satellites. So I took off with my eyes on Mavic 2 minutes after. ATTI comes back green light changes rapidly blinking yellow I try Throttle forward no response at this point drone heading for trees So I gain altitude. Seem to be the only controls I had. But Regardless of the situation I Believe Dji should have out of Warranty pricing like Apple for customers that have a Significant Investment in the system. The problem is that in a flyaway you have no physical object to repair. So Dji customer service wouldn’t look at the data. They also would answer any questions or give me pricing for a replacement airframe they just slammed the door and cancel my ticket. So I got mad and made stupid videos guess what they reopened the ticket and escalated to a supervisor. I’m old Enough to know you get nowhere if you’re quiet .
I am very thankful For the help I’ve been receiving from the community it has been above and beyond “thank you”

One thing that sets the Mavic Pro controller apart is the display. After getting compass errors I've flown the Pro home from 1000's of meters away just by watching the distance on RC.

im very sure I had 13 Satellites when I decided to take off I remember this because I was waiting and I thought it was odd that after update it was in ATTI mode for 5 minutes before take off. then gps kick in with 13 Satellites. So I took off with my eyes on Mavic 2 minutes after. ATTI comes back green light changes rapidly blinking yellow I try Throttle forward no response at this point drone heading for trees So I gain altitude. Seem to be the only controls I had. But Regardless of the situation I Believe Dji should have out of Warranty pricing like Apple for customers that have a Significant Investment in the system. The problem is that in a flyaway you have no physical object to repair. So Dji customer service wouldn’t look at the data. They also would answer any questions or give me pricing for a replacement airframe they just slammed the door and cancel my ticket. So I got mad and made stupid videos guess what they reopened the ticket and escalated to a supervisor. I’m old Enough to know you get nowhere if you’re quiet .
I am very thankful For the help I’ve been receiving from the community it has been above and beyond “thank you”
We can't tell for sure because the .txt doesn't start recording before launch and the tablet .DAT doesn't record gpsHealth. But, it looks like gpsHealth went to 0 probably somewhere around -10 secs. numSats went to 0 at around -15 secs. I completely get it that you saw numSats and gpsHealth looking good, then turned your attention to launching and didn't see numSats and gpsHealth go to 0.

BTW, the second most effective measure to prevent launch time fly aways is to look at the gpsHealth indicator on the controller and confirm that it shows 4 or 5 bars
.GPS.jpg

Reactions: seba368
FLY026 seems to be the right one. And, it does look like GPS was acquired after batteryOn but then lost prior to launch. This would have resulted in GPS+ATTI, gpsUsed = false, and visionUsed = false at launch. Unfortunately, the tablet .DAT doesn't have the gpsHealth signal.
View attachment 29817

But, like @sar104, it's not clear to me why GPS was not acquired when the AC gained altitude.

It looks to me as if the GPS unit is faulty or not connected properly to the FC. As you noted, it lost them 10.5 seconds before motor start.

2018-01-17_17-24-18_FLY026_DAT_02.png

Reactions: BudWalker
Thank you sar104 and BudWalker you have been very Helpful

So correct me if I’m wrong. Looks to be a hardware Failure with GPS. but why would rc controls be affected? Other people thought it was odd That it try to connect to Wi-Fi at 2 points. Would it be wrong to say that the Communication chain was broken as a result of a bad update and would DAT. file FLY025 Represent the drone status during update Process

Thank you sar104 and BudWalker you have been very Helpful

So correct me if I’m wrong. Looks to be a hardware Failure with GPS. but why would rc controls be affected? Other people thought it was odd That it try to connect to Wi-Fi at 2 points. Would it be wrong to say that the Communication chain was broken as a result of a bad update and would DAT. file FLY025 Represent the drone status during update Process

I'm not sure what you mean regarding the controls. As far as I can see it responded appropriately to all your control inputs, which did not appear to be very organized. If you compare throttle/altitude, rudder/yaw, elevator/pitch and aileron/roll, they appear to correspond well.

DJIFlightRecord_2018-01-17_[17-31-17]_conv_03.png

DJIFlightRecord_2018-01-17_[17-31-17]_conv_04.png

DJIFlightRecord_2018-01-17_[17-31-17]_conv_05.png

DJIFlightRecord_2018-01-17_[17-31-17]_conv_06.png

My Experience was that I had no lateral control. Hence the unorganize controls

Well according to the logs it was responding correctly to all the controls. Possibly you are just not familiar with the flight characteristics of ATTI mode?

ATTI Not with the Mavic my first two drones had no gps

Is it possible there was a delay in reaction to inputs?

ATTI Not with the Mavic my first two drones had no gps

Is it possible there was a delay in reaction to inputs?

Not according to the logs, which should accurately record when you applied stick inputs. The response from the aircraft was immediate.

No had 13 Satellites before flyaway you can see Recorded home point Keep updating your Firmware You’ll catch up
That is clearly not true, the log shows 0 sats and no GPS, you kept going higher in the air ignoring the messages until it went into ATTI mode, as expected since there were no satellite locks. At that point you were on pure manual but did not decide to lower the altitude util it floated away.

I’ve been told it doesn’t Start recording logs until motor are started so only I know about 13 satellites. After motors start log show I’m in gps mode with 3 satellites after 10 second 0 satellites the switches to opti mode at 30 meters. I did not know about any mode Change. eye were on Mavic since startup. At 50 meters I know I’m in trouble Mavic Drift backwards an green light on drone turn to rapidly flashing yellow. I try to throttle forward but to me it look like Lateral controls where not working (logs say Differently) I gain Altitude to Maintain line of sight. Start to get a barrage of messages. Downlink Is out for 10 seconds. And the rest is history. I believe I had 40 second to recover .I’ve never Flown ATTI mode Against a 10 mph wind.

Reactions: Anthonyk
I was preparing controller log an saw I had old firmware on controller V01.03.0900 and 4.1.22 on Mavic could this cause problems?

Attachments

• E2BEE8C6-47A3-49D5-AB7C-F818E3E6F5A9.jpeg
    E2BEE8C6-47A3-49D5-AB7C-F818E3E6F5A9.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 48
And I withdraw my previous comment. Something strange is going on here. The flight mode description does not match the GPS status data in the flight log, and the GPS status data are clearly wrong. The aircraft was in GPS mode until 108 seconds even though the number of satellites record shows zero and the GPS health shows zero. GPS_Atti is indicated in the fly state and it is clear from the pitch / roll data that the aircraft is holding position (see graph), even though no location is recorded. This appears to be an FC failure of some kind.

View attachment 29768

Hi guys, I have never seen a graph like this nor do I have the technical knowledge to interpret it, I’ve never been able to really dig into my own logs , frankly I didn’t realize they had this incredible detail,is there somewhere you can steer me to learn this. Thanks in advance for any help might be easier to go straight to email, your choice.
piemanfx@gmail. com

Hi guys, I have never seen a graph like this nor do I have the technical knowledge to interpret it, I’ve never been able to really dig into my own logs , frankly I didn’t realize they had this incredible detail,is there somewhere you can steer me to learn this. Thanks in advance for any help might be easier to go straight to email, your choice.
piemanfx@gmail. com

That's a short question with a long answer. I've been meaning to put together a description of the log files, telemetry parameters, how they relate to flight control, how to interpret them and what can be deduced from them. Give me a few days.

That's a short question with a long answer. I've been meaning to put together a description of the log files, telemetry parameters, how they relate to flight control, how to interpret them and what can be deduced from them. Give me a few days.

Again I thank you , that is very generous donation of time and knowledge, guys like you make ;?? what it is! I look forward to learning from u

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky