DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI REALLY NEEDS TO FIX THIS!!!!!!

4 inch pistons

Reactions
Flew the Mavic Classic today with my new goggles and motion controller!!!!!!!

I HATE HAVING TO USE THIS THING!!!!! I have been flying RC planes since the 80s and now drones and HAVING TO---BETTER YET---BEING FORCED TO USE THIS TOY TO ENJOY THE GOGGLES IS A JOKE!!!!! Give us a choice!

Flew the Mavic Classic today with my new goggles and motion controller!!!!!!!

I HATE HAVING TO USE THIS THING!!!!! I have been flying RC planes since the 80s and now drones and HAVING TO---BETTER YET---BEING FORCED TO USE THIS TOY TO ENJOY THE GOGGLES IS A JOKE!!!!! Give us a choice!
Calm down, Trigger. lol. I 100% understand your frustration but just listen a sec..
DJI needs to sell some of these new MC2s and if you give it a few months Im sure they will have an update to include your normal controller.

Until then just continue to have fun flying around..I KNOW its nearly impossible to capture worthwhile video but your still photo options are pretty good...
I know it sux... lol. but make the most out of it. Youre an early adopter and this is what you have to deal with. There's already workarounds to using your controller now all over youtube.. Something official will drop at some point.

Last edited:
If you are at all interested in the motion controller, it takes time to learn it well and get used to it and fly your drone in FPV mode. I didn't like it at first but eventually, it gets better. However, if you are totally against the motion controller, it's not going to matter what you do, you'll hate it because the standard controller is the only way you are used to flying. For sure, the motion controller is not a really good tool for flying a camera drone in a normal way but if you are interested in flying your camera drone like a true FPV drone, the motion controller can be quite fun. Otherwise, you'll need to be patient and give DJI time to work out the bugs that in the other controllers with the goggles.

Reactions: Torque
I think we all see this for what it is. Making us buy something that we don't need to do what we really want to do. It is not that I mind paying more to be able to fly with the goggles, but this really nice controller came with the drone and I can't use it to fly with the goggles I paid extra to have.

Yes this is marketing 101.

Since getting into the drone Hobby, I like the DJI products. This is evident by my fleet of purchases since last September. I have bought the Mini2, FPV, Avata and now the Classic
That is not to mention owning all 3 versions of goggles. Some companies would say I am a good customer. I am sure some of my friends say I am crazy. Hard to tell which ones are correct.

• Haha
I agree with Mavic3USA, we expect these things to adapt perfectly out of the box for our own skills. No AI here, you have to learn to adapt to it, not the other way round. Flying RC's you should know that there's a lot of learned skill involved in handling the aircraft. My other thought is that the Mavic 3 Classic is a camera drone and not a FPV drone, they really are different beasts.

My other thought is that the Mavic 3 Classic is a camera drone and not a FPV drone, they really are different beasts.
Oh yes it is!!! As I stated I have the FPV and the Avata, not to mention my Cetus X for FPV, but what I am really excited about is being able to surf he tree line in slow motion with really good video in a relaxed frame of mind. I took the Classic out yesterday for a 17 minute cruise with the RC controller and had a blast. I love the way this bird flys!!!! Rock solid and moves really good in Sport mode and covers good ground when you want to with longer flight time than the FPV or Avata.

I am not knocking the drone.
I am not knocking the goggles.
I am not knocking the motion controller if that is what you like. Jut so happens I like sticks on a controller. You know---the controller that came with the goggles and drone that I bought. That's all.

Some companies would say I am a good customer. I am sure some of my friends say I am crazy. Hard to tell which ones are correct.

All are correct.

You're a crazy good customer. 😃 👍

I agree with Mavic3USA, we expect these things to adapt perfectly out of the box for our own skills. No AI here, you have to learn to adapt to it, not the other way round. Flying RC's you should know that there's a lot of learned skill involved in handling the aircraft. My other thought is that the Mavic 3 Classic is a camera drone and not a FPV drone, they really are different beasts.
Agreed!
The fact that DJI brought in FPV for the Mavic 3 series is a nice perk but let's face it, the Mavic 3 is a camera first and foremost, it was never designed for FPV. I find it ridiculous that people are complaining about the camera settings when flying FPV. If you want to do photography use your RC or RC-PRO like I do and fly her as she was designed.
If you want to just have some fun without "perfect" camera settings and fly FPV, then thats the time for the goggles and MC stick.
IMO DJI gave us the best of both worlds here, but they do have separate uses with their own pros and cons.

Two months later and I still hate the MC2. Flying looking at a small screen is nothing like looking out the windshield. I wonder how many who call it ridiculous have ever flown FPV at all. It may be camera first. I agree with that. Flys nothing like my Cetus X, FPV or Avata. Nor do I want it to. None of that changes the fact that it can fly wonderfully with the RC controller——-just not when the goggles are turned on.
again this is nothing but greedy marketing ploy to sell MC2s. I am sure firmware changes are in the future to fix it. Just not now.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13