DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI refuse to honor their warranty on Mavic 2 Zoom less than a month old.

Instead of setting it on fire, I'll give you $100 for it.

FlyingD: I too have anger issues from time to time and I only wish I could say something that would mitigate that which you are feeling. I don’t understand why DJ I can’t check to see if in fact you were told to reinstall the app and reflash the firmware. That’s ridiculous they should have better communication among departments.

Clearly they don’t have logs because they told you to whack them. It would seem some intermediate training on the part of the tech-support people is in order i.e., don’t tell people to reinstall the app and flash the firmware if you need to get the data files first. Duh.

Anyway, even if you have to pay what they want, after flying her for a couple months, I hope you’ll forget all about the repair cost. In the meantime I hope DJI gets their act in order, that’s ridiculous. And I’m not a DJI basher.

( and in an attempt to provide some humor )

I will give you $200 and, I’ll pay for shipping! (Smile, my friend..this too will pass.)

KB

I just hope they don't claim I need a new gimbal over a possible scratch. I tested it before sending it out and found no apparent issues. If there are issues, they'll need to be specific in their justification. If it came off it's mount, that isn't justification for needing a new one as it's a real easy fix.

I bought my MP from Dell believe it or not, I also got a 2 year extended warranty for the first time in my life.. Had a crash last Nov.... my fault (Check your props before every fight) and there was some miscommunication between the Insurance provider and Dell and they told me to send it to DJI. I assumed the provider was going to pay DJI...WRONG. I tweaked a rear arm and it broke that stop on the body that the arm contacts when fully extended. DJI wanted to replace 3 arms, the gimbal and the Mid Body where the stop for the arm is. We fought for a month about a $200 bill while they had my drone. I finally talked to some one at Asurion (Insurance provider) who actually knew what the procedure was and was told to get the drone back and send it to their repair facility. They fixed it in 2 days and then overnighted it to me on the 3rd day. NO CHARGE! I forgot to mention that this was my second drone, I could not activate the first one no matter how many times I tried. I called Dell and they sent me a UPS sticker and said they would replace it. As I was going to the UPS store to send the faulty drone back and when I walked out my door the UPS guy showed up with my new drone overnighted to me. I was impressed to say the least. I got my new drone before I sent the bad one back! I used to be a computer tech and bought lots of Dell machines for my customers, so I do have a "Preferred account" and a line of credit with them. I don't know if that helped.

Reactions: Thomas B
It probably did help.
I'm curious if Dell is considered an authorized dealer. Might not matter though with that kind of support.

I don't know where you are, but here in Ireland we have The Competition and Consumer Protection Commission. It is an independent body established by law to protect the rights of consumers. It's free and anyone can go to them. Is there anything similar where you are?

Reactions: Former Member
All I can say is there's a reason I pay for these things with a credit card.
I hate arguing with bone heads and simply let the card people handle it.
Most cards even extend the warranty for free.

Well guys don't know what to do here anymore, I had problems with my Mavic Zoom about 17 days after I got it. APAS and Active track don't work correctly. I called in got a case number and UPS label sent it in, After 4 days they email me saying they needed my flight log, I told them that I was told by a DJI tech support to reload DJIGO4 apps and refresh the firmware with DJI ASSIST 2. We'll that was a mistake. now their telling me they're going to charge me $280 because I'm missing flight log and they can't check it. and also stated that the drone was damage. I got so piss, I talked to 3 or 4 people there including a supervisor with no results. I just told them to send it back to me no repair. I think I'm going to set it on fire when I get it back, that's how ****** off I am. My case number is CAS-2286078-R8S9Y6 incase anyone curious
I have screamed from the rooftops for a year now telling people that while DJI builds a fantastic drone they are THE WORST company ever for customer service!!! If they would have covered it you would have been sent a scratched up refurbished unit in place of your new Mavic 2 pro. DONT BUY DJI PRODUCTS!! I'm so done with them crapping on their customers. Autel and Yuneec are both excellent drones that are stood behind from their manufacturer 100% DJI has already lost $4600 that I spent in other drones and accessories.

I have screamed from the rooftops for a year now telling people that while DJI builds a fantastic drone they are THE WORST company ever for customer service!!! If they would have covered it you would have been sent a scratched up refurbished unit in place of your new Mavic 2 pro. DONT BUY DJI PRODUCTS!! I'm so done with them crapping on their customers. Autel and Yuneec are both excellent drones that are stood behind from their manufacturer 100% DJI has already lost $4600 that I spent in other drones and accessories.
Thanks for your contribution in the Mavic forum. Really solid input.
Should we have the moderators delete your profile here then since you have jumped ship? So you can switch to the autel pilots forum? Or are you a paid Autel and Yuneec rep?

Thanks for your contribution in the Mavic forum. Really solid input.
Should we have the moderators delete your profile here then since you have jumped ship? So you can switch to the autel pilots forum? Or are you a paid Autel and Yuneec rep?
Hahahaha... Never laugh so hard!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78