DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI refuse to honor their warranty on Mavic 2 Zoom less than a month old.

In my case, I agree I need to pay for repairs, but the repairs need to be reasonable for the damage. Gimbal worked perfectly, motors started up, got GPS lock indoors and no errors. If they say I need gimbal or boards replaced, or parts with only minor cosmetic damage, I would challenge it. It probably would have flown if one of the motors wasn't broken off the arm. Might have been interesting to band-aid the motor to the arm just to test a few feet off the ground.

In my case, I agree I need to pay for repairs, but the repairs need to be reasonable for the damage. Gimbal worked perfectly, motors started up, got GPS lock indoors and no errors. If they say I need gimbal or boards replaced, or parts with only minor cosmetic damage, I would challenge it. It probably would have flown if one of the motors wasn't broken off the arm. Might have been interesting to band-aid the motor to the arm just to test a few feet off the ground.

Yea I've done that stuff with cheap drones...

Last edited:
Innocent until proven guilty is what we claim to people that live in other countries. Sounds good, but not really what you expect it to mean. :D
I will assure you that if you commit a crime and are later caught, you will be charged and in jail or out on bail till you are proven innocent.

Reactions: Cheech Wizard
Innocent until proven guilty is what we claim to people that live in other countries. Sounds good, but not really what you expect it to mean. :D
I will assure you that if you commit a crime and are later caught, you will be charged and in jail or out on bail till you are proven innocent.

Hood rat... I have an arrest record a mile long. My point is that they have supreme confidence in their product and aren't going to just take someone's word for it that it failed without proof. I'm the same way, call it arrogance but I'm not going to just believe that I messed up without proof.

Hood rat... I have an arrest record a mile long. My point is that they have supreme confidence in their product and aren't going to just take someone's word for it that it failed without proof. I'm the same way, call it arrogance but I'm not going to just believe that I messed up without proof.
I totally agree, the sad part is, THEY hold all the cards while they decide. Just like the courts, and any other manufacturer under a warranty claim.

Reactions: Former Member
Read the thread, they were supposedly gone by that time due to leaving the aircraft powered on too long while doing the troubleshooting steps he was advised to.
I have read the thread, I asked many posts before why internal logs were deleted, and you answered as above.

But op didn't tell this, he told only about two fw updates.

Possibly you're right, but if that happened because of Dji's instructions, I cannot find any user's fault.

This made it obvious enough...
they're going to charge me $280 because I'm missing flight log and they can't check it.

Since they have the aircraft this logically suggests they've checked it and the log is gone from it. The assumption they didn't is what's far-fetched here...

if that happened because of Dji's instructions, I cannot find any user's fault.
Nope, but they're still not going to acknowledge it's their fault as usual for them. Actually just doing 2 updates in a "normal" time shouldn't wipe the log, so the OP likely left it on way longer than needed probably while he was figuring out things and they'll say that's on him and not due to their instructions.

I was typing up a long answer but regardless you summed that part up nicely. DJI approaches these things as innocent unless proven guilty and some of you believe they should be guilty until proven innocent. Fair enough, that's your opinion but I have no doubt that the greater percentage of crashes that occur are user error rather than drone failure.
Flight logs are the key, for warranty issues.

In most cases, logs are lost or interrupted. So DJI claims doubt, and refuses warranty fix.

Are you sure that ALL these cases are caused by pilots errors?
Of course, you cannot be sure.

DJI is the log system designer, they are responsible for what is logged, when is logged and when it fails.

So, in log failure, DJI (manufacturer of log system) says "sorry, don't know what happened" and refuses warranty.
It's not fair.

This entire thread does nothing but reinforce my position on DJI Customer Service. It's atrocious because it CAN be. Until other technology firms can make a dent in their consumer drone near monopoly, DJI will continue to treat customers like enemies operating in bad faith.

I totally agree, the sad part is, THEY hold all the cards while they decide. Just like the courts, and any other manufacturer under a warranty claim.

That was seriously reasonable I must say. I agree with you but something I eventually learned the hard way was once I stopped committing crimes, my interactions with the police became less and less frequent. They only held the cards I gave them.
Flight logs are the key, for warranty issues.

In most cases, logs are lost or interrupted. So DJI claims doubt, and refuses warranty fix.

Are you sure that ALL these cases are caused by pilots errors?
Of course, you cannot be sure.

DJI is the log system designer, they are responsible for what is logged, when is logged and when it fails.

So, in log failure, DJI (manufacturer of log system) says "sorry, don't know what happened" and refuses warranty.
It's not fair.

So the literally thousands of customers whom DJI takes care of every year, using the logs, are flukes?

"Fair"? Unfair is running your drone into a tree expecting obstacle avoidance or APAS to save you- even though DJI clearly states to not completely trust it and expect them to replace your drone. Then add you've erased your flight logs and before DJI even had a chance to look into it further, you go online and bash them.

Well guys don't know what to do here anymore, I had problems with my Mavic Zoom about 17 days after I got it. APAS and Active track don't work correctly. I called in got a case number and UPS label sent it in, After 4 days they email me saying they needed my flight log, I told them that I was told by a DJI tech support to reload DJIGO4 apps and refresh the firmware with DJI ASSIST 2. We'll that was a mistake. now their telling me they're going to charge me $280 because I'm missing flight log and they can't check it. and also stated that the drone was damage. I got so piss, I talked to 3 or 4 people there including a supervisor with no results. I just told them to send it back to me no repair. I think I'm going to set it on fire when I get it back, that's how ****** off I am. My case number is CAS-2286078-R8S9Y6 incase anyone curious
Sorry if this is not helpful, but doing business with communist China, is never going to be conducive to your financial status. Don't waste your money buying stolen US tech.

I was flying my M2P backwards and flew it into a tree. I thought the obstacle avoidance should have stopped it as well. The alarm went off right as it was hitting the branch. But I also know there are a number of factors that could have caused the obstacle avoidance not to have helped me, such as smaller, dispersed branches, I could have been flying a bit too sideways to so it may not been able to get a good read, etc. I submitted my request for review just in case they found something wrong. Of course I was at their mercy on that decision because I really can’t prove something was wrong with the sensors.

You can see the collision on a video I posted.

The bird was damaged in the same way. Scratched lens, cracked front foot at the same spot where the foot meets the led. I did fly it quite a bit afterwards and it seemed fine. Most important to me was getting a new lens. Even though everything seemed to be working fine except the scratch they quoted replacement of the whole gimbal and the leg—$322. I paid it because I’m not absolutely sure there wasn’t something wrong with the gimbal that I didn’t see. Interesting thing is the Mavic coming back has a different serial number from the one I sent in so it seems they are either replacing it outright or giving me a refurb.

Only good thing is that I had State Farm insurance for $60 a year and they reimbursed me already, no questions asked. That part was good.

Z

Have you spoken to BH?If you are justified in your complaint they will go to great lengths to exchange your drone.They are a lot important to DJI than you or I are.

That was seriously reasonable I must say. I agree with you but something I eventually learned the hard way was once I stopped committing crimes, my interactions with the police became less and less frequent. They only held the cards I gave them.

So the literally thousands of customers whom DJI takes care of every year, using the logs, are flukes?

"Fair"? Unfair is running your drone into a tree expecting obstacle avoidance or APAS to save you- even though DJI clearly states to not completely trust it and expect them to replace your drone. Then add you've erased your flight logs and before DJI even had a chance to look into it further, you go online and bash them.
I thought we were discussing about thousands of customers whom DJI doesn't take care.
And specially, when there is a DOUBT about what happened.

If I have paid for APAS, and if this system has been advertised by DJI, as an advantage of their product, then yes, I want them to take responsibility if apas fails.

And if they wanted me not to trust it, they should have given it as a gift, and say "check this in your responsibility, it's a gift".

As for flight logs, they didn't ask for them, but they advised op to delete them.

This entire thread does nothing but reinforce my position on DJI Customer Service. It's atrocious because it CAN be. Until other technology firms can make a dent in their consumer drone near monopoly, DJI will continue to treat customers like enemies operating in bad faith.
I thought we were discussing about thousands of customers whom DJI doesn't take care.
And specially, when there is a DOUBT about what happened.

If I have paid for APAS, and if this system has been advertised by DJI, as an advantage of their product, then yes, I want them to take responsibility if apas fails.

And if they wanted me not to trust it, they should have given it as a gift, and say "check this in your responsibility, it's a gift".

As for flight logs, they didn't ask for them, but they advised op to delete them.

So it's not worth mentioning the thousands of customers DJI does take care of? I personally have been taken care of twice by DJI when it was actually my fault. I'm getting to the point that I'm a little tired of hearing from people that have zero personal experience with DJI but just echo the supposed experiences of others. Even the OP is apparently being taken care of but I'm sure that doesn't count. I'm sorry that DJI doesn't roll over every time someone crashes their drone and says it's their fault.

So it's not worth mentioning the thousands of customers DJI does take care of? I personally have been taken care of twice by DJI when it was actually my fault. I'm getting to the point that I'm a little tired of hearing from people that have zero personal experience with DJI but just echo the supposed experiences of others. Even the OP is apparently being taken care of but I'm sure that doesn't count. I'm sorry that DJI doesn't roll over every time someone crashes their drone and says it's their fault.
Taking care of customers, and warranty, is a self-evident task. Warranty cost is within product price, as cost of customer care does also.
So taking care of their customers, is just doing their job, they were paid for.

You say you're tired of them with no experience, but you are doing the same mistake, guessing that all cases are the same as yours.

I personally had an issue with my controller, in warranty, not my fault, and they didn't take care of it.

Anyway, the fact that finally op will have his drone fixed in warranty, is good news, even if it needed a lot of effort.

Last edited:
Taking care of customers, and warranty, is a self-evident task. Warranty cost is within product price, as cost of customer care does also.
So taking care of their customers, is just doing their job, they were paid for.

You say you're tired of them with no experience, but you are doing the same mistake, guessing that all cases are the same as yours.

I personally had an issue with my controller, in warranty, not my fault, and they didn't take care of it.

Anyway, the fact that finally op will have his drone fixed in warranty, is good news, even if it needed a lot of effort.

No I'm not assuming anything. DJI sells thousands and thousands of drones. I know that they take care of their customers and sell a quality product strictly from that. Then there's the fact that I'm friends with the regional manager for Best Buy. He was one of the reasons that I overcame my DJI hatred and bought a Mavic Pro. The numbers don't lie. Very few DJI drones are returned. Besides I said "personal experience", I have personal experience with DJI customer support. Apparently, so do you. I'm willing to listen to your story about DJI. What I'm tired of are people that are parroting what other people say without any experiences of their own.

"A lot of effort"? A couple phone calls and a few emails? Okay. I've said this before and I'll say it again. I honestly don't understand why some of you buy their products. If they are as bad as you all say, you should stop buying their products. I don't buy products com companies that I don't trust.

Last edited:
No I'm not assuming anything. DJI sells thousands and thousands of drones. I know that they take care of their customers and sell a quality product strictly from that. Then there's the fact that I'm friends with the regional manager for Best Buy. He was one of the reasons that I overcame my DJI hatred and bought a Mavic Pro. The numbers don't lie. Very few DJI drones are returned. Besides I said "personal experience", I have personal experience with DJI customer support. Apparently, so do you. I'm willing to listen to your story about DJI. What I'm tired of are people that are parroting what other people say without any experiences of their own.

"A lot of effort"? A couple phone calls and a few emails? Okay. I've said this before and I'll say it again. I honestly don't understand why some of you buy their products. If they are as bad as you all say, you should stop buying their products. I don't buy products com companies that I don't trust.
I buy DJI products, because they have a monopoly on GPS drones market, but besides this, I really like their products.

And i understand that only a small amount of drones sold, is returned.

Also, I agree that "pilot's error" is the cause of most crashes and fly-aways.

But I think that their customer support, doesn't match the size of the company, doesn't match the quality they claim in their promotion, and finally doesn't match the cost we pay.

Of course anyone of us, makes his opinion, based on his own experience, but in general seems that Dji's support is not the same in every continent (or in every country).

But I think that their customer support, doesn't match the size of the company, doesn't match the quality they claim in their promotion, and finally doesn't match the cost we pay.
Welp, look at Apple... same thing. DJI are doing the same precisely because having the same practices than one of the best performing companies in the world just works.

Last edited:
Well guys don't know what to do here anymore, I had problems with my Mavic Zoom about 17 days after I got it. APAS and Active track don't work correctly. I called in got a case number and UPS label sent it in, After 4 days they email me saying they needed my flight log, I told them that I was told by a DJI tech support to reload DJIGO4 apps and refresh the firmware with DJI ASSIST 2. We'll that was a mistake. now their telling me they're going to charge me $280 because I'm missing flight log and they can't check it. and also stated that the drone was damage. I got so piss, I talked to 3 or 4 people there including a supervisor with no results. I just told them to send it back to me no repair. I think I'm going to set it on fire when I get it back, that's how ****** off I am. My case number is CAS-2286078-R8S9Y6 incase anyone curious
Instead of setting it on fire, I'll give you $100 for it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78