DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI SELECT IS A RIPOFF NO DISCOUNTS ON MAVIC PRO 2 ACCESSORIES! BEWARE!!!

3goldens

Reactions
Very misleading program they have here. Those of us that were lured into beleiving that we would be given a 20% discount on the new products released can now see this was just another lame marketing gimick to make a little money om the part of DJI. It’s very clear that DJI just changes the terms whenever it suits them and without notice to prexisiting select members. I tried to purchase a Battery for a mavic pro 2 and was declined.

Then I saw the fine print they recently inserted in the FAQ on the Select membership page.

When I stupidly joined this service and paid the $29.00 I actually believed that when the jerks at DJI got around to releasing the new Mavic Pro 2 that I would actually get the benifits I paid for. Sadly this is just not the case. I will get only the discount on the exteneded warrenty not any of the accessories I will have to buy. Because we all know very well not one of the original Mavic Pro accesories, with the exception of the case maybe, will work with the newer unit. Hence the reason one would actually purchase a SELECT membership. So foolish!

Changing the fine print in the promtion for this sham of a service is the height of dishonesty but that comes as no surprise from these folks gievn the amount of complaints I have personally read in this forum and others. Its surprising they continue to get away with it! Unless more pople statr spreading the news of the reqlity of this program DJI will continue to get away with their lies, and false marketing.

They are the worst customer service company om the planet. I’m seriously not purchasing one darn thing from them until they honor the terms of this program.

Attachments

• 2AA46B10-BA4A-40B7-A420-A21466838617.jpeg
    2AA46B10-BA4A-40B7-A420-A21466838617.jpeg
    726.8 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
thats bad man !!! there getting that big now man they can do as they like .. people will still buy simple .. feel bad for you been scammed dude .. I was actually thinking of joining that not so long ago .. rip off city dude .. were just consumer scum lol

Reactions: RLW8888
Unfortunately a lot of accessories are excluded from the coupon list. The Mavic 2 Accessories will eventually make it there after initial sales slow down.

They never do discounts on new products.
You get discounts on old ones, the only thing you might get for new products is prioritized delivery, which likely won't apply here either since they have stock to fulfill orders straight away anyway.

That was clear from the start.

They never do discounts on new products.
You get discounts on old ones, the only thing you might get for new products is prioritized delivery, which likely won't apply here either since they have stock to fulfill orders straight away anyway.

That was clear from the start.
That is patently false. This program was billed and marketed as a way for loyal customers who pay for the membership after buying a drone to get the discounts and extended warranties at the applicable discount as advertised, 50 & 20 off. They made no mention of blackout products or not being available on new products. Other wise I would not have purchased it. You are wrong about this.

Still they have a list of products, in which new products are only added a couple of months after release.

Still they have a list of products, in which new products are only added a couple of months after release.
I’m sorry, why are you defending this kind of behaviour? The marketing was very clear on what was included and what was not. They simply change the rules whenever they want. I bought this, as many others did for the purpose of future purchases and the accessories I knew I would need. I remember thinking it’s probably a scam, but I hoped this disreputable group would have learned from their delinquent customer service experiences in the past. Clearly they have not. An astonishing dishonorable company that makes a really good product, at least for now.

I spoke with a supervisor who gave me even more lip service. I won’t be purchasing this product until I can use my coupons and hopefully they will not expire before that time.

I'm not defending, just pointing out.

I remember not buying it precisely becasue it was obvious that in my case I wouldn't get much benefit (much cheaper to order accessories locally than from DJI, and by the time they're included in the offer the local dealers have them)

Anyway you only paid $29, and you can more than get that back on accesseries that are included in the program, even if it's not right now you'll need some later anyway.

The marketing was very clear on what was included and what was not.

Precisely, and no future product was explicitly included. And if you followed like I did you'd have seen that like the link I gave you says the last time a new product came out its accessories weren't added before 2 months.

And yes they can do what they want, like the other company they are modeled around and which remains a world leader with this exact same situation and attitude, so obviously they do the same...

Reactions: Underdog1964
And yes they can do what they want, like the other company they are modeled around and which remains a world leader with this exact same situation and attitude, so obviously they do the same...

The company I work for does the same thing. No discounts on new products.
After all, why would they when they can get a premium? The smart ticket is to wait a few months.
I don't personally think it's right but it is industry standard practice.

I wish I could forward this thread to some of my Customers that think we're the only ones who do it.

As for Select, I didn't buy it because I figured there was a catch somewhere.

You need to separate yourself from the notion that you have to have the latest and greatest. Theyll be giving away MP2's for a steal when the next new model comes out. Not to mention the unforeseen firmware glitches generally present in new offerings. I kind of wish I would have waited because money wasn't an issue for me but since I didn't I'll fly this thing till the wings fall off. There's nothing it can't do right now for my business so it's pointless

Reactions: Underdog1964
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore