DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Smart Controller (just announced)

The telemetry data of the regular remote controls will be missing, or additionally displayed in the CrystalSky?

If the whole thing crashes, then good night little bee. Maybe the controller will still work if the CrystalSky crashed, but who knows? Then it's definitely flying blind. Even if the bird is still in sight, you will not be able to see where his nose is pointing.

I think this makes manual retrieval without RTH almost impossible for beginners and very difficult for advanced users.

Slowly the thing becomes uninteresting. The magic vanishes very fast ...

Reactions: Big Dazz
I asked DJI last month about new controller, this is what they told me.
{ Hi jorgeo65, we do not have news about the RC with the built-in screen for Mavic 2 for now. This will be collected and forwarded to the designated team for further review.}
I would of waited and not bought a new screen if DJI told me coming soon.
thanks for nothing DJI.

Reactions: Big Dazz
The telemetry data of the regular remote controls will be missing, or additionally displayed in the CrystalSky?

If the whole thing crashes, then good night little bee. Maybe the controller will still work if the CrystalSky crashed, but who knows? Then it's definitely flying blind. Even if the bird is still in sight, you will not be able to see where his nose is pointing.

I think this makes manual retrieval without RTH almost impossible for beginners and very difficult for advanced users.

Slowly the thing becomes uninteresting. The magic vanishes very fast ...
What you're saying makes little sense.

you're effectively paying for a CS5.5 and a RC. the price isn't unreasonable in that context. it just sucks since you've already paid for a RC.

if you were going to get a CS5.5 then it's viable, especially if you want the HDMI out for 3rd party goggles. no mount, no USB cables, no separate battery and charger to pay for and cart around.
And it is an UltraBright version of the CS 5.5, isn't it?

the documentation says 1000nits, which is the same spec as the 5.5". only the CS7.85 comes in the optional ultra bright 2000 nits version.

the blurb does describe it as "ultra bright" which is confusing next to the CS specs.

Reactions: Ping^Spike
the documentation says 1000nits, which is the same spec as the 5.5". only the CS7.85 comes in the optional ultra bright 2000 nits version.

the blurb does describe it as "ultra bright" which is confusing next to the CS specs.
Marketing ploy??

I’m quite happy with my new CS and mount, the price I paid for my CS was much cheaper than this new controller so I’m still happy.

I don’t fill like I’ve been ripped off at all by DJI, as long as you’re happy with what you’re using as a screen, that’s all that matters.

Yeah it does look nice but it’s not for me;)

Reactions: cdubNga and mnis
DJI has been a bit lacking in controller tech, compared to the competition, at least with built in screens, so this was a good move for them.

It's Android OS not sure if it's like the Crystalsky which has it's own unique version of the Android OS.

I still prefer the older Mavic controller with it's basic data display along with a external display. But I will be interested to following reports on pilots using the new controller.

Paul C

Reactions: mnis
The only upside to all this is that if people are buying them, then we may see some original C.S. units up for sale at a discounted price from current owners and possibly dealers who had a bunch and may now not sell them as easily as in the past.
Always look on the bright side of life (add your own whistling here please).

I would give them my money right now, if they were available. Maybe I will come to me senses before they are available. I fly from a boat, and not having to put everything together to fly is very appealing. It is just to easy to drop a component into the water.

$650? No (expletive) way! I'll buy a nice used iPad and use it exclusively with the Mavic before I'd buy this! Yeah, the brightness is nice, but the screen size is too small. I had a P4P+ and the screen is just too small for my liking. I'll take a bigger screen from a used iPad before I'd go with this tiny, though brighter, screen.

Reactions: Brewbud
I must admit that - because I ordered my M2P through Amazon and have until the end of January to send it back - I wobbled a bit and almost requested a return, so I could then buy the new controller bundled with the Mavic. But then I thought again about how I'd still be paying £430 more than I paid for the standard controller package, and lose the ability to use my iPad...

Nah, I think for me it would be a dumb move.

If I feel rich in 6 months and want another controller option that makes the kit a bit more portable, then I'll think again about getting one.

Does anyone know what the screen looks like with Polarized Sunglasses on? I wear them with readers built in. Some displays are very hard to see

The only upside to all this is that if people are buying them, then we may see some original C.S. units up for sale at a discounted price from current owners and possibly dealers who had a bunch and may now not sell them as easily as in the past.
Always look on the bright side of life (add your own whistling here please).

Can’t whistle but I’ll hummmmmm it;)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851