DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI smart controller; my opinion

I haven’t 100% made up my mind up on which I will go on this.

I really like the position of my phone on the Mavmount so I leaning towards the Crystalsky.
I already have a mount so I think I would just need the CrystalSky attachment.

The other thing is if I go on a hike or into a backwoods situation I am just going to carry the original controller, my phone and a couple batteries to stay light. I sure as **** am not going to walk around the woods with a GPC case and smart controller.

To each their own but I'm amazed this is the breaking point...15549530509029044767646584848307.jpg15549531923612552240199073862006.jpg

Reactions: ff22
I can get two spare batteries the controller and the aircraft in there perfectly. There is a diagram on one of the tags that came on the bag that shows how everything should go in.

Personally, I don't use the Fly More Bag but I've seen the bag used effectively.

Hey, top mounted displays worked for the Phantom, and they sold millions.
I really doubt the version with the integrated screen sold millions. And the Phantom selling millions ended when the Mavic came out, because of... yes, portability! No way a boat anchor like the Phantom remote would sell for a Mavic.

That plus the screen being below the sticks.

I can understand that because I was flying other drones before DJI that had the screen above. Quite frankly, I had never really given it a fair try. I literally purchased the Polar Pro mount with my Mavic Pro at Best Buy. When I got my first Crystalsky (5.5), I went through a couple above controller mounts but finally had to reluctantly try the DJI under controller quick mount... After I got used to it, I saw the benefits of it. Now it's perfectly normal.

I really doubt the version with the integrated screen sold millions.

Sorry, you misunderstood. The Phantom sold millions, not the controller with integrated display.

And the Phantom selling millions ended when the Mavic came out, because of... yes, portability! No way a boat anchor like the Phantom remote would sell for a Mavic.

Are you sure? Any idea how much a Mavic controller weighs with a CS 7.85 attached? Could it be the same as a GL300E with integrated display?

I can understand that because I was flying other drones before DJI that had the screen above. Quite frankly, I had never really given it a fair try. I literally purchased the Polar Pro mount with my Mavic Pro at Best Buy. When I got my first Crystalsky (5.5), I went through a couple above controller mounts but finally had to reluctantly try the DJI under controller quick mount... After I got used to it, I saw the benefits of it. Now it's perfectly normal.

I guess a person can get used to anything. Personally I like to adjust my equipment to suit my body, not the other way around.

Sorry, you misunderstood. The Phantom sold millions, not the controller with integrated display.

Are you sure? Any idea how much a Mavic controller weighs with a CS 7.85 attached? Could it be the same as a GL300E with integrated display?

Isn't the integrated P4P controller a 5.5 display?

I guess a person can get used to anything. Personally I like to adjust my equipment to suit my body, not the other way around.

With the 5.5 Crystalsky and DJI quick mount, it's very ergonomic and very SOLID. That's something that I didn't feel with a lot of above controller mounts. Then there's how quick it connects and how it stores. You also don't have to disassemble the mount to pack it. When I switch from the 5.5 to the 7.85 it is done in seconds. Besides, I don't know about you but I've tipped over many a controller with screen attached because it was top heavy. Especially the 7.85 CS or a 10" tablet. With it mounted on the bottom the entire assembly lays flat. I guess I don't see it as the hardship that you do. When I lived in Europe I somehow managed to "adjust" to right side drive cars and left side drive roads. Some are more adaptive than others, I guess.

I agree, it is a stupid design. For the money the drone costs, they should provide something that works.

Alright, you're in a mood, obviously. It does work, you just don't like it. I could literally get up and make a video of me packing the SC and drone in the bag but why bother? YouTube already has dozens of them, I'm sure you're aware. I'm also sure that you're aware that the drone doesn't come with the bag, you have to choose to buy it either separately or as part of a separate combo. So the cost of the drone isn't germaine.

Reactions: msinger and Kilrah
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman