DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Spark Under water no salt

x_stefano20

Reactions
Hi All! I’m asking you what can I do after a dive in a lake !
Error message
Main controller
Accelerometer and gyroscope error!
No DJI assurance subscribed from owner!
Any suggestions is well accepted!
Best regards
Stefano

I would not power it up for several days let it dry for a week in a warm place. then try it. my MA took a drink and I tried to fly right away and all kinds of things happened. I let it dry a few days aand then it was fine flying the gimbal was messed up tho. had to send it in.

Reactions: x_stefano20
Remove the battery immediately.
If the drone was immersed in salt water, rinse it with fresh water before proceeding to the next step.
Allow the drone to dry out in rice, or a better alternative is that new crystal kitty litter. It absorbs moisture and is less dusty than rice but either will work fine. I'd let it sit for several days.

Reactions: x_stefano20
Start drying it as mentioned above, but silica dessicant works much better for removing water vapor. I ordered large boxes of dessicant for my lenses and cameras that are rechargeable- you can also find it at a gunshop for gun vaults or art supply store like Michaels. Put the drone in a plastic bag with several boxes of dessicant, and continue replacing the dessicant packs with freshly recharged ones until they stop turning pink. Dont skimp on the dessicant, buy a lot!

OP- hope your drone recovers!!

Last edited:
I dropped my shiny new Mavic 2 Pro in the river. Took it home watched a couple YouTubes on how to disassemble it, took it as far apart as I could, let it dry a few days, sprayed everything with electronics cleaner, put it back together and it's good as new. I've put nearly 10 hours on it since and it behaves perfectly. While it was drying, I was afraid @Thunderdrones was about to get a package from me.......

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hidnflagn