DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI will release firmware update for manual exposure and RAW for zoom camera

dmcgrew

Reactions
Not sure if anyone has confirmed this yet or not.. but this guy who created some videos with the M3 for the launch video says that DJI told him they will release a firmware update that will allow for RAW and manual exposure with the zoom camera.

Been going crazy that DJI did not announce anything of that sort. That is awesome to hear. But I hope DJI updates their website about it

Not sure if anyone has confirmed this yet or not.. but this guy who created some videos with the M3 for the launch video says that DJI told him they will release a firmware update that will allow for RAW and manual exposure with the zoom camera.

I think you meant the 7x telephoto camera. It's not a zoom, but a fixed telephoto, with 1x-4x digital magnification, just like the micro 4/3 main camera has. Both cameras have a digital "zoom."

DJI themselves doesn't even intend it to be used for "keeper" footage as you have to enter explore mode to use it - they claim it's for scouting locations, at least in its current state. Not something I would ever use anyway. On the plus side, by the looks of it anyway, it probably isn't adding much to the cost of the drone. Without a Log option and manual exposure control, it is useless for combining with footage from the main camera if you care about quality or consistency.

I spoke with dji this morning and it looks like there will be no update for raw options in telelens and manual controls. They offer me a refund because of the missing feature. So bad from dji. I think they have to hold a rail to make a newer (possible 3s) variant interesting. But WE spend a lot of money and just want worth for the money. Simple.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
instaproapk