DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI working on random fly away

Randy the locator

Reactions
Hello
I see a lot of people talking about there Mini randomly doing weird things, and a few very smart people analyzing the flight data and giving few reasons. Just curious if all these people that have had the fly aways and crashes, have you submitted anything to DJI ? Are they actively working on a solution ? Does anybody have an inside track to DJI ?

I have been taking my mini out for VERY short flights getting used to it and learning how to fly , don't dare to fly to far away or in ANY kind of wind

Thanks
Randy

Are you talking about wind-driven "blowaway" events, inadequate forward pitch events, or uncommanded descent events? The first one, in the absence of the second and third, is purely pilot error. The second and third are both caused by inadequate thrust from the rear props, and are a (relatively) well-known design fault. Whether it is prop design, a firmware problem, or both is not clear, but DJI is obviously aware since they have been consistently replacing Minis lost or damaged due to this problem, even when they were not recoverable.

Randy, I think you are doing great in taking steps to learn the capabilities of your MM and improve your abilities of being a responsible pilot at the same time. Knowing the steps to operate and not panic could take you along way with your MM. Kudos to ya!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GrantleyB