DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do I need my smartphone to fly?

DagDerniT

Reactions
Yesterday I accidentally dropped my smartphone in the kitchen sink and it is toast. Isn't a mobile number required now to get the clearance to fly or is there a way around it? I have my Nvidia tablet and goggles re to use for fpv... Thanks!

Isn't a mobile number required now to get the clearance to fly
Yes, you'll need a mobile phone that's able to receive a text message if you need to get authorization to fly in controlled airspace.

A possible workaround work be to get your Remote Pilot license and then submit a request through the FAA Drone Zone. It's not a great or convenient workaround, but it'll get the job done.

Yesterday I accidentally dropped my smartphone in the kitchen sink and it is toast. Isn't a mobile number required now to get the clearance to fly or is there a way around it? I have my Nvidia tablet and goggles re to use for fpv... Thanks!
I get my clearance to fly emailed to my computer(custom authorization) then transfer the code to my M2P.

I fly my Mavic Zoom using a tablet attached to the controller. I don't know why a mobile phone is necessary.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan