DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do you fly in extreme heat?

Rchawks

Reactions
I've been avoiding the heat like a plague. What's the highest temp you've flown in? The heat at work was brutal thurs and fri. Temps were 99 and 105. I've notice how hot my ipad mini got so it's hard to imagine just how hot the MA2 battery must get sitting 10 ft from the sun, lol. I'm starting to consider flying from the car when possible. From what I've seen it does work very well for the connection to the drone. Starting to miss fall and winter months.

Last edited:
I tend to not enjoy flying as the temps near 90 degrees. Shade is a must to avoid the tablet from overheating and shutting down, and it’s just hot, and sometimes shade is hard to find. As for the copter itself, it can take temps right up a bit over 100 degrees with no issues, but in my experience, it’s the tablet or phone that is the weak link. Nothing says ‘good times’ like having the tablet shut down suddenly while in flight. Maybe flying from a car could help avoid this, but unless I need to fly, I just await another day…

Reactions: Rchawks
Thank you for the response.
I think I'll just sit in the AC, lol.
I really wasn't sure about the upper side of temp for the copter, good to know.

I fly in high 90’s with the heat index over 100 but do it from my truck with AC and only go up to get a few pics. Other than that
i can’t breath in the heat. Never checked to see how much battery
ive burned as I will change after a few trips up.

I fly in 95f with 90% humidity here in South Florida. Not sure I would want to fly in the kind of heat you get out that way that could melt the drone on blacktop at midday.

I fly in 95f with 90% humidity here in South Florida. Not sure I would want to fly in the kind of heat you get out that way that could melt the drone on blacktop at midday.
Our humidity is high here but wouldn’t let it sit on the blacktop,not sure what your referring too. I land and get it out of the heat so nothing is going to melt. Plus at midday a old fella is talking a nap anyway ?
Im talking early and late. I lived in Marathon when younger and what I can remember the heat isn’t the same there as it is here in
Mississippi.
Midday there when I was young was Margarita time and bungle in the jungle and hamburger in paradise time ?

I don't fly in extreme heat because I don't think there is such a temperature in Scotland and if there is any high temperatures, I avoid it as I don't cope well with heat :D

Quite a few days near, at, or over 120* here lately. I restrict my fly times to early morning of late evening...and that's only when there's no wind, which blows almost constantly.

Temp here for the next 2 days is 98 and 100. Who knows what the heat index might be. Looking forward to a cool front. (In dec) lol

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan