DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do you think this RF booster would work?

rainsipper

Reactions
I'm looking for a RF amplifier for my controller. The majority goes to Sunhans and Dragon amps. Those are not ideal to me cos I want the amps to be powered by USB. Recently I came across this little amp. I searched for more info but there was none out there. Do you think it would work?

Do they need to be bidirectional? Does full duplex or half duplex matters?

FB50C955-9357-4950-9D7F-5BFD885B081E.jpeg

I believe all the Sunhans amps come with a DC DC 2.5” to USB adapter

1608114860955.png

Last edited:
As a radio engineer I myself do not believe these active amplifiers work because they improve the uplink signal ( controller -> aircraft ) only even if they are bidirectional. That's assuming that they are of good quality ( good linearilty ). Othewise, they may produce interference to the downlink ( craft -> controller ) and kill the video feed before it breaks naturally due to path loss.

So my advice is to use passive, high-gain antenna if you really need that additional range. For my M2P, the stock set up is more than good enough. Keep in mind that additional components means more potential point of failure. I surely don't want that.

Last edited:
On top of what boblui says, I've seen mods that use Wifi booster, which obviously do full duplex. You dont want one that is one way only.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phoenix_00002