DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Doc on common issues / solutions / settings for Newbs for Mavic Pro

Jetson

Reactions
So I've been trawling YouTube videos and forums for the last week and ended up going round in circles so I've compiled a crib sheet on some of the Mavic Pro issues I've come across on my travels. Its specifically in reference to settings, common problems, solutions and rules of thumb,

Hopefully this saves some people some time.

Disclaimer: I'm not a drone expert, I have 'some' knowledge in photography but I do believe in simple solutions to problems...so feel free to recommend stuff in the chat.

I've attached a pdf for copying / editing and using 'in-flight' as a kind of WTF is wrong with this picture doc....

The doc includes:
  • 'The Recipe for Getting Great Shots' - Balancing ISO / Shutter Speed / EV / Sharpness etc
  • Tools to achieving this balance including explaining ND filters and the 180 degree rule
  • Basics of how / why shutter speed and ISO effect video quality
I also have created list of: 'If this looks like this, what could be causing it / what is the solution, this covers, what do do if:
  • Video is too dark
  • Video is too light
  • Video is stuttering
  • Jello effect
  • Light flares / flickers
  • Grainy noise
  • Blurry trees
  • Shimmery trees
  • Aliasing / artifacts
Hope it helps, please contribute if I've missed stuff and I hope someone finds it useful as I've just spent a day doing in when I clearly should be working....

Attachments

• The Mavic Pro Issues, Settings & Solutions Summary.pdf
    769.2 KB · Views: 190
This is going to be very useful, and I'm glad it exists.
Even some not-so-newbies will probably find this more useful than they realize. (I might be one of them. If not now, then one day, when experience causes me to overlook something obvious.)

Reactions: Jetson
EDIT: "Increase ISO and use noise reduction software in post (this guy used"

... looks like something is missing here?

Very helpful to this newbie, thanks! ThumbswayupThumbswayup

Reactions: Jetson
EDIT: "Increase ISO and use noise reduction software in post (this guy used"

... looks like something is missing here?

Very helpful to this newbie, thanks! ThumbswayupThumbswayup

No problem - I was meant to reference Denoiser 3 and Neat 4.5 - good plugins for PP software if youre really serious about just taking out some of the noise in footage.

Also added a reminder to take off the gimbal cover and stabiliser as seems like quite a few people actually take footage through the little plastic cover! ;)

Added the updated pdf.

Attachments

• The Mavic Pro Issues, Settings & Solutions Summary V2.pdf
    767.5 KB · Views: 57
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erroos