DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Downtown Battle Creek, MI Night Flight Christmas Light Display 2021

Very cool! What settings are you using on the m3 to get that much light, but without any grain?

Do you have to have a night waiver and a strobe to do the nighttime drone shots?

Very cool! What settings are you using on the m3 to get that much light, but without any grain?

Do you have to have a night waiver and a strobe to do the nighttime drone shots?
Full auto, with a little color editing in Premiere Pro.
Also, Part 107 waivers are uploaded by the FAA to a public database. You shouldn't have to ask lol.

Part 107 Waivers Issued: https://www.faa.gov/uas/commercial_operators/part_107_waivers/waivers_issued/
You can just use the search box and type "Patman" to find mine.
Thanks for watching!

Reactions: WildDoktor
An entertaining video, thank you. I am amazed at the size of Battle Creek, i always imagined it to be a small country town. I actually have an old leather fire helmet in my collection from there and a photo of the old fire station, 50-60s i imagine.
thanks again for sharing.
Regards

Reactions: Patman Droneography
Full auto, with a little color editing in Premiere Pro.
Also, Part 107 waivers are uploaded by the FAA to a public database. You shouldn't have to ask lol.

Part 107 Waivers Issued: https://www.faa.gov/uas/commercial_operators/part_107_waivers/waivers_issued/
You can just use the search box and type "Patman" to find mine.
Thanks for watching!

Full auto; that's a pretty impressive camera!

I gave up searching that page (in these circumstances) long ago because I found that a lot of folks have a different name on the forum than they do on the faa site. :) I was mainly wondering if you flew late enough to even need a waiver, because there's so much light that it almost looks like just after sunset! Again, pretty impressive camera!

It really is, However I have seen in the most recent firmware update they decided to brighten the blacks, I personally like the way that it looks, super deep, I like my blacks to be black when flying at night. Hopefully they didn't increase the ISO to improve this and make it look grainy. Still have to test it out.
Also I got that waiver before they modified the 'after sunset' rule. Thanks again for watching!

Yeah; hopefully they didn't make it worse!

I've recently become curious about how to do sunset and nighttime videos that actually look good, so that led me to your post. I'm a 107 pilot but haven't had the need to fly at night, so never bothered with the waiver process. At present I "only" have a Mavic Pro (recently came from a Autel XSP) and am still learning the camera nuances for crisp daytime footage...getting anything decent at sunset has thus far eluded me completely! :D I figure if I watch enough instruction videos I'll eventually get it. :) So thanks for posting this here!

I Recently shot this video which showcases a sunset over a lake.
Most of the work I've done so far has been shot on 'auto'. This is just to show what the camera can do without any camera knowledge. With this drone, I very rarely have to edit any color in post.

If you didn't know, They have changed the rule about flying at night and you no longer need a waiver to do it.

Night Operations​

This rule allows routine operations of small UAS, beginning April 21, 2021, at night under two conditions:
  1. The remote pilot in command must complete an updated initial knowledge test or online recurrent training, and
  2. The small unmanned aircraft must have lighted anti-collision lighting visible for at least three (3) statute miles that has a flash rate sufficient to avoid a collision.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54