DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drain locating on golf course, ideas please

ICHOTT

Reactions
Hi guys, been asked for help with locating the route of an underground drain across a golf course.
Apart from infra-red, any ideas beyond simple aerial shots? Thanks

A plumber or drain cleaning company may be able to help. I had a clogged sewer line and they fed a pinger in the line and could trace it's path with a detector above ground through over 10 feet of dirt.

yes most drains unless very old will be plastic, if they ran a tracer wire above like mentioned then a plumbing contractor should have equipment for that, infra red may work if it can pick up the heat inside the piping, not much a drone can do besides like u say map out the region and u could mark the lines once other equipment has found it

In my case, no tracer wire was used. The "ping" originated from a probe fed down the line.

A plumber or drain cleaning company may be able to help. I had a clogged sewer line and they fed a pinger in the line and could trace it's path with a detector above ground through over 10 feet of dirt.

Sorry, I didn’t mean other than using my drone, I meant by me using my drone in a particular way, altitude, angle etc, thanks anyway ;)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jigjjihhwohekjgh2857