DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SadBrush

Reactions
Not sure if this has been covered, but I’ve taken a few night shots/long exposures before, and had no issues.

Flying yesterday evening around 10pm, with all the sensors on, full GPS mode, there was minimal wind and I was only flying 30m up, but the M2P would NOT stay still. Even on a 4second shutter it just smeared the whole photo.

I landed, did a compass recalibration, but still no solution and the M2P still drifts.
It’s only within a foot or so, but it’s not happened before and it’s making night shots impossible.

Any thoughts on how I can resolve this? Has anyone had similar issues? Thanks

I landed, did a compass recalibration, but still no solution and the M2P still drifts.
It’s only within a foot or so, but it’s not happened before and it’s making night shots impossible.
Despite all the forum posts advocating compass recalibration for anything drone-related, it's not going to help at all because it's not a compass issue.
It's quite normal for your drone to wander slightly.

Is it possible that a controller stick calibration may be of help?

In the go4 app, click on the controller symbol. It will be in that screen.
Ac not powered on.

sorry Starz the sarcasm switch seems to be stuck

I was merely providing a link to a tutorial for cal' of sticks...why don't you just take a seat over there.;)

Last edited:
Not sure if this has been covered, but I’ve taken a few night shots/long exposures before, and had no issues.

Flying yesterday evening around 10pm, with all the sensors on, full GPS mode, there was minimal wind and I was only flying 30m up, but the M2P would NOT stay still. Even on a 4second shutter it just smeared the whole photo.

Any thoughts on how I can resolve this? Has anyone had similar issues? Thanks
Compass calibration should not even cross one's mind in your situation....your problem was you are flying at night and the sensors dont work at night (low light) ya know the little message that pops up saying "ambient light too weak sensors may not work" well its true! Anyway the only thing now helping is gps...and of course that will drift a little....i mean u do still have to fly the thing!

Compass calibration should not even cross one's mind in your situation....your problem was you are flying at night and the sensors dont work at night (low light) ya know the little message that pops up saying "ambient light too weak sensors may not work" well its true! Anyway the only thing now helping is gps...and of course that will drift a little....i mean u do still have to fly the thing!

Would setting up some visible reference points on the ground (like led lights in a pattern) help the AC hold position? Might be an interesting experiment.

Would setting up some visible reference points on the ground (like led lights in a pattern) help the AC hold position? Might be an interesting experiment.
Post #1 says that he was 30 metres up.
The VPS has a range of approx 10 metres so whether it was dark or not makes no difference.
Likewise setting out lights won't make a bit of difference either.

Not really they would have to be really bright....if u are 4 to 5 ft up use your led's on belly of drone

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ