DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone assisting handicapped

Jeffro15

Reactions
Maybe a wierd question.
Has anyone ever seen any kind of FAA rules regarding use of drones to assist handicapped folks in recreational activities?

I am a disabled veteran, as are many of my local VFW comrades. We generally have one day a month when several of us go to an area shooting range. As many of us have a hard time walking hundreds of yards to check targets, I often use my drone to do this. As this flight itself, is not strictly recreational, but is assisting the handicapped in a recreational activity, how would this be viewed IYO.

Interesting , We have an older client that cannot see well at all, and they use the Mavic Air 2 with the zoom to inspect there winery rows for Bug Infestations by going up each row and recording.

There is no single group that has any special rights to fly without going thru proper channels so even if the benefits were life saving such as those that show up for Search and Rescue in tragic times, they also must go thu the hoops and command to be able to just look for lives .

I think will continue to see more creative ways to use drones but checking targets is on my creative list approach.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain and land on Water.

Reactions: Little bird
While I am a 107 pilot, I have not been logging these flights in my 107 log. I've been considering them recreational.

While I am a 107 pilot, I have not been logging these flights in my 107 log. I've been considering them recreational.
I see no reason to have them log in, but i would like to see some video of exactly how you fly it and do you take a snap shot of the target than or live view it ?

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom