DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

drone powers up instantly when battery is installed

emufriedchicken

Reactions
As the title reads I have a battery that as soon as I install it into my M2Z it powers the drone up before I even touch the power button on the battery. When I do press the button on the battery all 4 status lights on my battery stay lit. Battery was manufactured 07/19 and has total of 9 recharges. Battery hasnt been dropped and no visible signs of other damage or swelling?

Reactions: Capt KO
As the title reads I have a battery that as soon as I install it into my M2Z it powers the drone up before I even touch the power button on the battery. When I do press the button on the battery all 4 status lights on my battery stay lit. Battery was manufactured 07/19 and has total of 9 recharges. Battery hasnt been dropped and no visible signs of other damage or swelling?
This looks like a circuit issue inside the battery. Can you power the battery off with the button?

Yes you can power the battery off with the button but the drone stays powered on till you remove the battery...I have tested my other 3 spare batteries and they are fine its just this one!

Yes you can power the battery off with the button but the drone stays powered on till you remove the battery...I have tested my other 3 spare batteries and they are fine its just this one!
For sure a short circuit in that battery. What was the purchase date of your drone? If you are within 6 months, they should warranty this one.

7th of November 2019 was the purchase date...Ok will have to reach out to DJI product support and see what they can do for me.
Yes, I would definitely get it exchanged. Do not use that defective battery any longer. Good luck on the process. ;)

Reactions: emufriedchicken
Take a video of it and then send it back to DJI, if it’s still under warranty. I had similar issues with one of mine. Sent it back, got a replacement with the same fault. Send that back and got a third one. So far so good.
It’s important that you keep a video of it happening just in case their tech says they couldn’t find anything wrong. You then email your video.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78