DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone tracking app

koopyetz

Reactions
Hello
I purchased a holy stone RID module for my Mavic Pro. Is there an app I can download on my iPhone that tracks the movement and RID information .
Thank you
Rick

From the chatter I've read here on the Forum, Apple products may not work because of a privacy issue?

Here's a short video about an app that is available in both stores.

Not sure how well they work.

Reactions: BigAl07
I purchased a holystone rid module for a hs720g I had. after being set up properly, which included a call to HS customer service, it would show up on drone scanner with an iPhone.

my brand new Air 3 does not show up on drone scanner. However, I get a message on my controller that rid is working so who knows 🤷‍♂️

I purchased a holystone rid module for a hs720g I had. after being set up properly, which included a call to HS customer service, it would show up on drone scanner with an iPhone.

my brand new Air 3 does not show up on drone scanner. However, I get a message on my controller that rid is working so who knows 🤷‍♂️
The Drone Scanner app for iPhone can only track drones that are using Bluetooth remote ID. The Holystone RID module is Bluetooth. The DJI drone is using WiFi remote ID. The Drone Scanner app for iOS does not support WiFi RID. Apple will not allow developers to have access to WiFi in that way.

The Android version of Drone Scanner will track both Bluetooth and WiFi RID.

Mark

Reactions: MA2 317
I don’t see how anyone thinks that RID is an even remotely (😉) good idea.
No longer an idea but a requirement I have 2 mini original. I purchased the drone tag beacon. Installed and did not affect my flights. I am the type to follow regulation. I know I be busted. Keep your props up and landing gear down. TALLY-HO.
DOC