DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dumb Question Poll

I tried to connect a RC Pro to my Mavic 3. It did let me connect, but gave me a warning window that I could only fly 7 times with that remote, and that I must unbind the regular controller for it to keep working past the 7 flights. When I try to do this, it says the regular controller is locked to the previous account, so it won't let me proceed.
Also, are you in the U.S.?

Also, are you in the U.S.?
I just sent an email to support earlier this week, and haven't heard back. And, yes I'm in the US. Here's an update. I have an Air 2S that's also linked to someone else's account (bought from the same store). I was able to go through the connection guide and connect to the RC Pro no problem. While connected I went to profile>device management. It said it wasn't connected to an acct and gave me the option to bind it to mine (I didn't but should have to see what happened). Then, I reconnected it's original controller through the connection guide, and under device mgmt it showed it was linked to that other acct.

So, I decided to try the Mavic 3 again. Went through the connection guide, and was met with the attached photos. If you hit cancel on the binding screen it'll let you fly or connect up to 7 times. I found that number resets if you factory reset the RC Pro controller. Also, while I had the RC Pro connected to the Mavic 3, I went into device mgmt, and it showed the acct that it's already linked to (unlike the Air 2S that did not).

Attachments

• IMG_2406 copy.jpg
    IMG_2406 copy.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2410 copy.jpg
    IMG_2410 copy.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
I just sent an email to support, and haven't heard back. And, yes I'm in the US. Here's an update. I have an Air 2S that's also linked to someone else's account (bought from the same store). I was able to go through the connection guide and connect to the RC Pro no problem. While connected I went to profile>device management. It said it wasn't connected to an acct and gave me the option to bind it to mine. Then, I reconnected it's original controller through the connection guide, and under device mgmt it showed it was linked to that old acct.

So, I decided to try the Mavic 3 again. Went through the connection guide, and was met with the attached photos. If you hit cancel on the binding screen it'll let you fly or connect up to 7 times. I found that number resets if you factory reset the RC Pro controller. Also, while I had the RC Pro connected to the Mavic 3, I went into device mgmt, and it showed the acct that it's already link to (unlike the Air 2S that did not).
Have you tried reaching out on the DJI Owner's group on FB? OFFICIAL DJI OWNERS GROUP

There are a lot of DJI folks there who actually work with or for DJI. They can help as well. Specifically tag Barry Blanchard and myself.

[edit]. I should mention that I DO NOT work for DJI. I've just helped them out in the past with some issues.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cosmo0g
Have you tried reaching out on the DJI Owner's group on FB? OFFICIAL DJI OWNERS GROUP

There are a lot of DJI folks there who actually work with or for DJI. They can help as well. Specifically tag Barry Blanchard and myself.
Thank you. I'm a member of that group. I just meant this thread as a heads up if you're buying used drone to make sure it's unbound from the original owner. I got a great deal on the RC Pro, so I'm just glad I know it works. The Mavic 3 is going back though. The store told me I was getting an unused drone, but it is not. Not only is it bound to another acct, but they told me so when I contacted them. I guess they didn't think I had an email stating that it was supposed to be unused, but I do. And, I'm in my 30 day window. I have also used the partial email showing who it's bound to, and figured out it was a repair shop who told me it had been crashed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vic Moss
I'm kind of the same boat. I have a MA2S with the standard controller it is bound to another account and I am unable to put it under my account. The warranty is still valid. I can only bind it to my account if the original owner removes the drone from their account.

You have to be careful buying used drones these days, especially with the newer ones because if it's linked to the previous owners account, there's no way to unlink it or the remote controller. So, if the controller goes out, you have a paperweight.

So, to save money, would you buy a used drone if you knew it was locked to another account? And, would you expect a big box store to sell one in that condition as open box?
First time I am hearing this. I have sold my Mavic Air 1 (little "RED"), and my Mini 2, both with Refresh still usable for months. Not sue how its done but I never heard back from either buyer with any questions or complaints. It is really important for us to be able to sell our drones and this has never been a problem that I can tell from reading this forum for the past several years. I stand to be corrected if I am incorrect.

For me, I alway like to buy NEW, whether it's a house, a car, or a drone. But I have sold lots of expensive stuff on eBay over the years!!

Dale
Miami

Thank you. I'm a member of that group. I just meant this thread as a heads up if you're buying used drone to make sure it's unbound from the original owner. I got a great deal on the RC Pro, so I'm just glad I know it works. The Mavic 3 is going back though. The store told me I was getting an unused drone, but it is not. Not only is it bound to another acct, but they told me so when I contacted them. I guess they didn't think I had an email stating that it was supposed to be unused, but I do. And, I'm in my 30 day window. I have also used the partial email showing who it's bound to, and figured out it was a repair shop who told me it had been crashed.
So is the shop going to take back the drone and refund your money? I mean obviously it was bound to another account before you purchased it. 30 days or not you did not receive an "unused unit".

So is the shop going to take back the drone and refund your money? I mean obviously it was bound to another account before you purchased it. 30 days or not you did not receive an "unused unit".
I sure hope so. I don't see how they can't. I should hear something Monday.

This apply just to newer drones with latest firmware. Here you'll find the explanation in this same forum

This is newer drones that have been bound to accounts for flyaway protection. As I understand it, your account will be bound to that aircraft and if you are not logged in under that account, it will not fly. That's DJI's way of ensuring you really lost the drone in a "fly-away" and it bricks that drone if someone else finds it afterward (which includes you if you tried flying it after receiving a replacement).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahb