DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dutch News - Drone prevent air ambulance from landing

I heard it on the local news yesterday.
He probably didn't know anything about any rules. Unfortunately he's not alone. Many folks think they're just playing with a toy.

The woman might have made it alive to the ER if the helicopter had been able to land immediately.
I can't imagine how this guy will be able to live with that for the rest of his life.

So this might be the first official death because of the stupidity and selfishness of a drone user.
I'm about to start to feel ashamed about flying drones. People could regard me (as any other drone pilot) as one of those types that potentially interfere with critical rescue operations, among all the other reasons they already have.

One thing is for sure, in our little country there's no room for the many thousands of amateur drones. And the Dutch CAA (ILT) will react to this with preposterous strict regulations for amateurs.

And I would fully understand.

The report indicates she died with 3 ambulance crews, 2 firefighter crews and police. Nothing to say that her unfortunate death was due to the air ambulance not being able to attend.

The drone should still have not been there!

Nothing to say that her unfortunate death was due to the air ambulance not being able to attend.
When they call in the Trauma Helicopter it's usually because it's the only way to be able to save a person.
We only have 2 of these in the whole country, and they are operational constantly. If they thought the regular ambulance crew could save her they would have been on their way to somebody else.

When they call in the Trauma Helicopter it's usually because it's the only way to be able to save a person.
We only have 2 of these in the whole country, and they are operational constantly. If they thought the regular ambulance crew could save her they would have been on their way to somebody else.
Agree, just a very short report with little info, but they still managed to crowbar a drone into it.

Agree, just a very short report with little info, but they still managed to crowbar a drone into it.
Is that how you view the news every day? What's the point of news then. You just don't trust anything you read when it touches your hobby, don't you?
The whole thing is that the Heli couldn't land safely because a drone was in the area. It was in a built up area so they couldn't just land anywhere. The ground crew asked for the heli because they knew they couldn't help her enough.

Is that how you view the news every day? What's the point of news then. You just don't trust anything you read when it touches your hobby, don't you?
The whole thing is that the Heli couldn't land safely because a drone was in the area. It was in a built up area so they couldn't just land anywhere. The ground crew asked for the heli because they knew they couldn't help her enough.
Ok no need for the hostility.
I've already agreed with all you have said.
You have no idea of my views on news or trust, nor am I defending anything that touches on one of my hobbys.
It is a story with about sixty words, but it was you that picked out two, Death & drone.
Chill out, it was a comment on a short news item, it's not a major debate or argument.
:)

Reactions: Classic flyer
Ok no need for the hostility.
I've already agreed with all you have said.
You have no idea of my views on news or trust, nor am I defending anything that touches on one of my hobbys.
It is a story with about sixty words, but it was you that picked out two, Death & drone.
Chill out, it was a comment on a short news item, it's not a major debate or argument.
:)
OK, point taken.Thumbswayup

FriendsThumbswayup
I did chuckle at me (65) telling you (61) to chill out:rolleyes:
Friends!
Chill out is good. People should tell that more to each other. It disarms quite well.
As does the South African white in my glass right now. o_O

We had a local forest fire yesterday and a drone was seen in the area trying to get close. It shut down all helicopter and slurry bomber operations. Today, all the news is about the drone interference and not the fire. Not good plublicity at all. It's only going to get worse.

We had a local forest fire yesterday and a drone was seen in the area trying to get close. It shut down all helicopter and slurry bomber operations. Today, all the news is about the drone interference and not the fire. Not good plublicity at all. It's only going to get worse.
That's the whole problem. Too many people takin to the skies trying to get epic shots for youtube.

Just curious. The fire wasn't in a National Park was it? :rolleyes: I sure hope not.

What’s with some people with camera? Remember when smartphones came out, with decent cameras, lots of people everywhere are taking selfies; at inappropriate times and places, even getting themselves killled. Now we have flying cameras.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada