DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dynamic home point?

DJI GO does not have a dynamic home point feature. You can manually reset the home point though.

The Android version of Litchi offers this feature.

You'll see options to reset your home point at the top of the "Main Controller Settings" in DJI GO when your Mavic is connected to DJI GO.

One option allows the home point to be reset to your Mavic's current location. And, if you have GPS on your mobile device, you can use the second option to set the home point to your mobile device's current location.

... if you have GPS on your mobile device, you can use the second option to set the home point to your mobile device's current location.
What Msinger says is absolutely true, but do not MISUNDERSTAND the statement.
The new Home Point will be set at the mobile device's CURRENT location.
The new Home Point is NOT, repeat NOT, set to the mobile device itself; only where it was declared to be by its GPS (Location) service when you 'pushed the button'.

If you move the mobile device the new Home Point will stay exactly where it was, the previous position of the mobile device. The Home Point will NOT follow subsequent movements of the mobile device.

It is clear from his question that Grey Wolf did not understand this point clearly enough, I'm sure there are others making the same mistake.
I'm not picking on anyone, just forcing clarity on an issue I've seen misunderstood several times already.

Regards.

... and as I mentioned in by msinger you can use third party apps like Litchi if you want a true dynamic home point that follows your mobile device.

... and as I mentioned in by msinger you can use third party apps like Litchi if you want a true dynamic home point that follows your mobile device.
Hi. Does the DJI GO 4 App ( IOS or Android), support the dynamic Homepoint , where I walk ( or in car) and the Mavic is about 50m. away from me ?. I have GPS in my mobile (phone or tablet). Thx.

Does the DJI GO 4 App ( IOS or Android), support the dynamic Homepoint
DJI GO does not have a dynamic home point feature. You can only manually set the home point to your mobile device's current location. If you move, you'll need to manually set the home point again.

Wow I did not know that. I assumed it updated the Home point dynamically when set to device location. Good to know for sure.

You'll see options to reset your home point at the top of the "Main Controller Settings" in DJI GO when your Mavic is connected to DJI GO.

There is also the shortcut way to do the same thing with out drilling through menus. Simply swipe left on the main screen and it brings up a few quick options, one of which is to set a new home point.

Reactions: topilot
There is also the shortcut way to do the same thing with out drilling through menus. Simply swipe left on the main screen and it brings up a few quick options
Yep -- that works too:

DJI-GO-Reset-Home-Point-Swipe-Left.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31