DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

eagles snatching drones - anyone lost their drone yet?

Where I live in the UK it is the Red Kite (bird of prey) that seems to take an interest in drones. They don't seem to like white DJI Phantoms and circle them before going in for an attack. They watched a red DJI Mavic Air at the same location, circled it and then kept a distance away from it before flying away. Guess they didn't like the colour?

Haven't lost a drone to a red kite yet but they certainly make me think twice about flying when they are about.

I was at my Father in laws farm and the barn swallows attacked my drone. Knocked it right out of the sky with a couple of dive attacks. I guess I flew too close to the barn for their liking.

Wow. Really? A less than 1-ounce bird committed suicide by attacking your drone and "knocked it right out of the sky"? That's unbelievable!

I've seen video of someone throwing full water balloons and a camera bag at a Mavic in flight without even phasing it very much. Those must have been some very tough little barn swallows to take down your drone. Were you recording at the time?

I live on a farm in Central California. Right now, we have swallows nesting near by. I can't fly less than 40m AGL, otherwise I'll have 20 or so swarming around my Mavic. They are quite aggressive when I fly. I'm afraid of a strike causing the Mavic to fall our of the air, so I try to bug out (or up) when they start to fly.

Has anyone seem what a phantom prop does to human skin?? Can't believe to birds don't get all screwed up!!

Moto...That vid is nuts!! How did you find it??? Wild how the kept messing with it!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev