DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Edited Photographs of the Midgley Bridge in Sedona, Arizona

CanyonRunVideos

Reactions
Edited Photographs of the Midgley Bridge just north of Sedona, Arizona on State Highway 89A.

All photographs were taken with the Mavic 2 Pro with a PolarPro ND filter.

The city of Sedona has posted NO DRONES all over the city but these signs have no legal merit to them. The Sedona Airport has no tower and the entire 5 mile radius around the airport is in class E airspace that begins at 700 feet AGL. All airspace in the city of Sedona, AZ is in class G airspace up to 699 feet AGL. There is no controlled airspace of any kind for the Sedona Airport so fly safely and enjoy the beautiful scenery in this area of the country.

CRV_0277_flx_lnd_ale_80_ex+25_vin_-64_50_0_0_47_neat_lens fix_crv (2).jpgCRV_0296_flx_lnd_ale_80_ex+25_vin_-64_50_0_0_25_neat_lens fix_crv (2).jpgCRV_0297_flx_lnd_ale_80_ex+25_vin_-64_50_0_0_25_neat_lens fix_crv (2).jpgCRV_0298_flx_lnd_ale_80_ex+25_vin_-64_50_0_0_26_neat_lens fix_crv (2).jpgCRV_0299_flx_lnd_ale_80_ex+25_vin_-64_50_0_0_24_neat_lens fix_crv (2).jpgCRV_0310_flx_lnd_ale_80_ex+25_vin_-64_50_0_0_47_neat_lens fix_crv (2).jpgDJI_CRV_0256_flx_lnd_ale_80_ex+25_vin_-64_50_0_0_47_neat_lens fix_crv (2).jpg

Nice.
I was in Sedona in May and opted not to fly, the last thing I wanted to deal with was any LEO interaction.

Reactions: CanyonRunVideos
Nice.
I was in Sedona in May and opted not to fly, the last thing I wanted to deal with was any LEO interaction.

I was in Sedona last year and I didn't fly for the same reason but this year I wanted to be sure it was legal to fly withing the 5 mile radius around the airport. Now any FAA registered drone pilot can get nearly instant notification if you want to fly in a controlled airspace using the AIRMAP app on your smart phone.

Nice Job. I didnt think you could fly there? Is there an area or way to do it?

Use the AIRMAP app on your smart device to receive a response from the FAA's LAANC system. If you desire to fly your drone in controlled airspace in the U.S. National Airspace, the AIRMAP app is the way to go. The local FAA will text you back with a conformation number if your flight plan is approved. If you ever get hassled by the local police in the future, all you need to do is show them the FAA conformation number showing proof that you are legal to fly at that location. Then you will be back flying in minutes!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne