DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Endless compass calibration

tanner_midcan

Reactions
Hi Everyone. I'm having an issue with my Mavic 2 Pro. When trying to calibrate the compass, the app reverts back to the first instruction after "completing" the two spins. The dialogue box states that calibration is complete, but then asks for the process to be started over again. When I cancel out of it, the red warning appears and tells me to calibrate the compass and not to take off. Has anyone else experienced this problem? I'd imagine without calibrating the compass at least once when asked will likely affect the way the drone behaves, even indoors.,,

Hi Everyone. I'm having an issue with my Mavic 2 Pro. When trying to calibrate the compass, the app reverts back to the first instruction after "completing" the two spins. The dialogue box states that calibration is complete, but then asks for the process to be started over again. When I cancel out of it, the red warning appears and tells me to calibrate the compass and not to take off. Has anyone else experienced this problem? I'd imagine without calibrating the compass at least once when asked will likely affect the way the drone behaves, even indoors.,,
Look at he orientation of the aircraft in the illustration. It's been a while but, if I remember,
the text says a different orientation than the illustration!

Reactions: Thomas B
That’s interesting, the 2nd part of the dance has changed, it now shows nose down (Which is not what the SC tells u to do). This is now the same as the Inspire. But I still hold it horizontal then roll 90 deg which is what the original M2P manual said. This works fine for me and it works perfectly on the M2P & Enterprise. Anyone know when and why DJI changed the procedure?
To the original post, maybe also reposition yourself, say walk away 100 feet and try again. Who knows what’s under the ground.

That’s interesting, the 2nd part of the dance has changed, it now shows nose down (Which is not what the SC tells u to do). This is now the same as the Inspire. But I still hold it horizontal then roll 90 deg which is what the original M2P manual said. This works fine for me and it works perfectly on the M2P & Enterprise. Anyone know when and why DJI changed the procedure?
To the original post, maybe also reposition yourself, say walk away 100 feet and try again. Who knows what’s under the ground.
I have the mavic air 2 and it still calibrates with the nose up. Weird, maybe it's something specific to the Go Application

It's crazy, just did a video cable on my MP1, shows video in DJI Assistant. Goes halfway through calibration, then wants reset. Crazy thing is, can no longer link to phone. I'm going nuts! To edit; New SD micro, Shows no video on phone. I'm miffed lol

Thank you to all for brining this up. My Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced more often than not asks for a compass calibration. I try to launch from areas with no metal (either objects or reinforced concrete) and am often concerned why this calibration happens with such frequency.

I will try what is stated in the manual (as opposed to the Smart Controller) and see if this if the fix.

Thanks.

Thank you to all for brining this up. My Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced more often than not asks for a compass calibration. I try to launch from areas with no metal (either objects or reinforced concrete) and am often concerned why this calibration happens with such frequency.

I will try what is stated in the manual (as opposed to the Smart Controller) and see if this if the fix.

Thanks.
It will request calibration if you are more than 50 km from its previous flight, or more than 30 days from the last calibration. Neither of those triggers are indicative of an out-of-calibration compass.

It might also request calibration if you have change components on the aircraft, which may be a common occurrence, depending on how you are using your M2EA.

If the calibration request is caused by powering up in a location with magnetic interference then the solution, of course, is to move the aircraft rather than to recalibrate the compass.

Reactions: jaja6009
It will request calibration if you are more than 50 km from its previous flight, or more than 30 days from the last calibration. Neither of those triggers are indicative of an out-of-calibration compass.

I have two Mavic 2 Pro. One of them requires a compass calibration on almost every start. I check the compass state in the sensors state menu, it is perfectly fine, as is the IMU. The arrow in the map shows the correct direction. I calibrate, and it flies fine. This happens regardless of the "50 km or 30 days rule". And of course no interference or metal anywhere close.
The compass seems to be working fine, but something is triggering the message that it needs calibration - which it doesn't.

My other M2P does not have this problem, I do not think I ever had a calibration request on it. They both have the latest firmware, as does the RC.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000