Get more from your Mavic
The largest Mavic community in the world
Join Us Now

Endless compass calibration

tanner_midcan

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Hi Everyone. I'm having an issue with my Mavic 2 Pro. When trying to calibrate the compass, the app reverts back to the first instruction after "completing" the two spins. The dialogue box states that calibration is complete, but then asks for the process to be started over again. When I cancel out of it, the red warning appears and tells me to calibrate the compass and not to take off. Has anyone else experienced this problem? I'd imagine without calibrating the compass at least once when asked will likely affect the way the drone behaves, even indoors.,,

bonzo

Reactions
Hi Everyone. I'm having an issue with my Mavic 2 Pro. When trying to calibrate the compass, the app reverts back to the first instruction after "completing" the two spins. The dialogue box states that calibration is complete, but then asks for the process to be started over again. When I cancel out of it, the red warning appears and tells me to calibrate the compass and not to take off. Has anyone else experienced this problem? I'd imagine without calibrating the compass at least once when asked will likely affect the way the drone behaves, even indoors.,,
Look at he orientation of the aircraft in the illustration. It's been a while but, if I remember,
the text says a different orientation than the illustration!

Reactions: Thomas B

Thomas B

Staff Member
Premium Pilot
Reactions

Ralph thompson

Reactions
That’s interesting, the 2nd part of the dance has changed, it now shows nose down (Which is not what the SC tells u to do). This is now the same as the Inspire. But I still hold it horizontal then roll 90 deg which is what the original M2P manual said. This works fine for me and it works perfectly on the M2P & Enterprise. Anyone know when and why DJI changed the procedure?
To the original post, maybe also reposition yourself, say walk away 100 feet and try again. Who knows what’s under the ground.