DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Enhanced Warning Zone (rant)

AlanTheBeast

Reactions
Argghhh!
So went to goof around at a spot that had never given me issue, but looks like DJI have included it in their Enhanced Warning Zone data.

It is centred-ish on Canadian restricted airspace CYR 624 and CYR 631 which are Bell Helicopter test areas in adjacent oblong polygons that are surface to /1300 and /1500 respectively. I'm flying 1 NM south of the south edge of CYR 631 and getting the EWZ checklist. That wouldn't be so bad, but if you fly out and back in, then the list pops up again just when you wish it hadn't ...

So that nice area is sort of spoiled. Use more for testing things and such, but still a PITA that it's so poorly implemented.

/Rant.

Is it a legal airspace to fly, and the NFZ data is obsolete/wrong/corrupted?
If so, just use debug to yank that nonsense out - this is why the keys to the lock were sought and found.

If so, just use debug to yank that nonsense out - this is why the keys to the lock were sought and found.

I recently ran into this same problem, what is this debug you speak of o wise
mavic man?

I recently ran into this same problem, what is this debug you speak of o wise
mavic man?
Something the owners of this forum do not want is to talk about.......google is your friend here!

DJI's EW zones are simple circles of r radius centred at x,y position. So they nailed a 9 km radius EWZ over a zone that is a few km wide and 10 or 15 km long. The EWZ is several times the surface area of the actual CYR's in this case. Most CYR's are not circles... I've sent them a detailed explanation. Fat chance that will go anywhere.

I'll look into the 'debug' you're referring to. Thx.

Reactions: Claybond
The NFZ restriction as now implemented has become far too inflexible and over-bearing.
We might appreciate a warning note but locking down large areas completely is ridiculous when you only want to pootle about at roof height
I put an end to it after having to repeatedly cancel irrelevant warning boxes so frequently during a flight they were making it dangerous to continue.

Reactions: PT_Mavic
The NFZ restriction as now implemented has become far too inflexible and over-bearing.
We might appreciate a warning note but locking down large areas completely is ridiculous when you only want to pootle about at roof height
I put an end to it after having to repeatedly cancel irrelevant warning boxes so frequently during a flight they were making it dangerous to continue.

Here here to that... how exactly did you put an end to it?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeoTony