DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Error message on remote..."Mag interfere...check app"...any ideas what this means...?

Patrick Fitzgerald

Reactions
Hello to fellow pilots. As a new drone owner/flyer I am just finding my wings...trying to use Litchi for mission flights but not getting far. At start up I get the " Mag Interfere etc" message...no connection with drone/handset happening when using litchi software. Any suggestions on what to look at...? Is the cosmos against me at this home site? Cheers Patrick F

Reactions: Dronage
This usually means that there is high magnetic interference with the drone and the systems used for flight. Typically things like cars or near metal cause issues. For me, I typically get that right beside a car. Hope this answer helps.

Reactions: Dronage
Although rare but an alien space ship in the vicinity can cause this. They sre trying to beam the drone up to their mother ship :)

• Haha
Reactions: Gindra
Hello to fellow pilots. As a new drone owner/flyer I am just finding my wings...trying to use Litchi for mission flights but not getting far. At start up I get the " Mag Interfere etc" message...no connection with drone/handset happening when using litchi software. Any suggestions on what to look at...? Is the cosmos against me at this home site? Cheers Patrick F

Can you be a bit more specific on exactly what the message says?

As mentioned above, the warning can be triggered by magnetic interference.. (eg taking off from a concrete driveway with metal rebar embedded in it). It can also occur if you've travelled a long distance from where you last flew.

It's no big thing. Just recalibrate the compass... DJI has the procedure, in the user guide.. but this link explains it a little better.. Mavic 2 Series Compass Calibration: Complete Guide - Let Us Drone

Clothes, gloves with metal studs can interfere also Apple watches and Fitbits which have magnetic charging facility are well known to give issues with some drone magnets. Mavic Air is particularly susceptible M2P less so.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998