DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Experienced my 1st scary experience

RMundy806

Reactions
So I am fairly new to drone flying. I have a Mavic Air 2, today while on a flight around my home I hit the RTH button and my drone responded by climbing to a height of nearly 700 ft before I could gain control, cancel the RTH command and navigate it back home. The battery was about 70% when I began my flight and at about 30% when I activated the RTH command. Any thoughts of what might have happened?

Reactions: Lionfish
I’m with Meta 4 on this one .
It’s always a good idea to check your RTH settings are appropriate for where you are flying , and after any firmware updates .As I learned shortly after the latest firmware update on the M2’s .

Learn from it and fly on !! .

Reactions: Bob1956
Although RTH setting is in meters, for those of us in silly** countries that don't use metric (** e.g., two sets of wrenches, sockets and allen heads=dumb), right below the altitude box it converts it to feet.

P.S. My post refers to M2P. I dunno about other DJI quads.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rmcolon and Capt KO
We'll need the logs, but I'm going to guess someone put in 200 thinking it was feet and accidentally set 656 feet. (And in case anyone thinks this a new drone pilots thing, I'll say "google the gimli glider")

Or "Mars Climate Orbiter?" ;)

Reactions: sar104
And remember, anytime you go for an "update", check all your setting in the App.
It usually resets them to "default"....
Or you may be "surprised"....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan