DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FAA’s Aviation Safety Reporting System (ASRS) now available for drones...kinda on the fence on this.

Mac282

Reactions
Just caught this and briefly read thru it. I'm kinda of on the fence with the self reporting system. Yeah, I get the penalty immunity clause, but I'm wondering if it's real purpose of it. It seems to ask a lot of questions concerning make, model, problem(pilot or mechanical). It sounds more of a collection for a database to take future action on. I get the safety factor, but I'm wondering if it's going to used to prohibit certain models or mfg's. I can see it being used as a "good tool" for the industry, but I wonder if there is any checks on the it's reporting for all the "wild" accusations out there also. I guess I'm just trying to figure out if this is really going to help or hurt the UAS industry on how and who will be collecting and persuing this information.

Last edited:
Reactions: brett8883
I have looked at the NASA site for this information and it seems to be reasonable way to electronically report issues. One thing caught my eye was a report of not enough heli-ports in the FAA database - a reasonable thing to report!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe Duhr