DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

pilotinstitute

Approved Vendor
Reactions
There are a lot of websites out there that advertise when you search for "drone registration" on Google.

Many of them will register your drone through the FAA Drone Zone on your behalf and charge you up to $60 for optional extras like lanyards and stickers.

We want to remind everyone that the only official place to register your drone is directly at the FAA website. It costs $5 and your registration is valid for 3 years.

A couple of years ago, the FAA issued a memo telling people to avoid drone registration “schemes”.

As a service to the community, we are offering 10,000 people free drone registration labels. We will also advertise when people search for drone registration to let them know.

You can order your free stickers here (no credit card or gimmicks):

Free FAA Drone Registration Stickers - Pilot Institute

Here’s a video to explain a bit more about what we are doing:

Attachments

• thumbnail-stickers.jpg
    thumbnail-stickers.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 4
I just applied for a set and everything went smooth. My wife also wants a set and when she entered all her information it said only one set per household or something to that effect. Apparently they will not do stickers to same address even though there are two different people with different FAA registration numbers.
I wonder if it will work if we have her set sent to our next door neighbor?

I just applied for a set and everything went smooth. My wife also wants a set and when she entered all her information it said only one set per household or something to that effect. Apparently they will not do stickers to same address even though there are two different people with different FAA registration numbers.
I wonder if it will work if we have her set sent to our next door neighbor?
I just messaged you. We can add the second set.

This happened to me 2 years when I did a google search for faa dronezone to register. I'm usually on top of my game but I registered and got my credit card bill and it was like $30. Luckily my credit card fought it and I won.

I do have a question, at the registration website, I added two drones and the total comes up to $10. What's up with that?

Reactions: James G.
I got mine, THANK YOU! Very :cool: Thumbswayupof you to do this!! Your site is Phenomenal!
Got mine too! They would only issue one set per address until I told them My wife also fly's and has her own. They were VERY accommodating and sent both of us our registration stickers in one mailing.
I just messaged you. We can add the second set.
Thank you! We BOTH received our personalized stickers. You are doing a great service for our drone family. Your stickers are very impressive and easy to place on outside surface for easy observation by anyone that may find a lost drone.

There are a lot of websites out there that advertise when you search for "drone registration" on Google.

Many of them will register your drone through the FAA Drone Zone on your behalf and charge you up to $60 for optional extras like lanyards and stickers.

We want to remind everyone that the only official place to register your drone is directly at the FAA website. It costs $5 and your registration is valid for 3 years.

A couple of years ago, the FAA issued a memo telling people to avoid drone registration “schemes”.

As a service to the community, we are offering 10,000 people free drone registration labels. We will also advertise when people search for drone registration to let them know.

Thanks for your campaign against these rip-off sites. I have been warning members on the Drone Pilots forums about these scam artists for the past 4 years. The worst part is that when their three years are up they don’t even have an account set up with the FAA DroneZone to renew their registration.

Thanks for the labels!

I do have a question, at the registration website, I added two drones and the total comes up to $10. What's up with that?
The same registration number is good for any drone you have. You are not registering each individual drone. You are registering yourself and your contact info. The total should have been 5 dollars.

If you register as a recreational pilot, it's $5 total (you don't register drones individually). If you registered under Part 107, it's $5 per drone. So it really depends on whether you are a certified remote pilot or simply flying as a recreational flyer.

If you register as a recreational pilot, it's $5 total (you don't register drones individually). If you registered under Part 107, it's $5 per drone. So it really depends on whether you are a certified remote pilot or simply flying as a recreational flyer.
So I'm intending to fly under Part 107 when I take the test (I'm currently doing your Part 107 course). I asked which I should register under and the people here said under Part 107. Can I still just use the one registration number for all my drones?

Are you registering as a recreational pilot or as a 107 pilot? If you are registering as a recreational pilot you are really just registering yourself and you use the number on an unlimited number of aircraft. This has been explained innumerable times on this forum and other Drone Pilots forums.

If you are a 107 certified pilot you register each aircraft you intend on flying separately and they will each have their own registration number (much like a GA aircraft’s N number). Each aircraft is $5.

Are you registering as a recreational pilot or as a 107 pilot? If you are registering as a recreational pilot you are really just registering yourself and you use the number on an unlimited number of aircraft. This has been explained innumerable times on this forum and other Drone Pilots forums.

If you are a 107 certified pilot you register each aircraft you intend on flying separately and they will each have their own registration number (much like a GA aircraft’s N number). Each aircraft is $5.
I never did understand that. Thanks!

I never did understand that. Thanks!
Some of this will change once RID is fully enacted and the information for each aircraft and/or RID add-on module will need to be registered even for recreational pilots. We still don’t know if there will be a fee for each aircraft or not once this happens.

Reactions: BSauce955

Just got my stickers today. Very nice! After you get through the first 10,000 people, you should offer them for sale. I'd definitely buy a few more after getting any more aircraft.

Reactions: MARK (LI)

My second drone will arrive tomorrow and I will register online and then order two sets. Thank you so much.

And while we're on the topic of "schemes"... Pilot Institute has a regular price (as of this writing) of $249 for their "Part 107 Commercial Drone License Course" ostensibly to prepare you to take the FAA's Part 107 test, as it is commonly referred to. Pilot Institute may want to take a look in the mirror as all of the information you need to pass the Part 107 test is available COMPLETELY FREE at https://www.faa.gov/uas/resources/policy_library/#107.

• Sad
Reactions: BethanyFerrell
And while we're on the topic of "schemes"... Pilot Institute has a regular price (as of this writing) of $249 for their "Part 107 Commercial Drone License Course" ostensibly to prepare you to take the FAA's Part 107 test, as it is commonly referred to. Pilot Institute may want to take a look in the mirror as all of the information you need to pass the Part 107 test is available COMPLETELY FREE at https://www.faa.gov/uas/resources/policy_library/#107.
As soon as the FAA provides customer service to answer any of your questions 7 days a week, creates 15 hours of video content to explain all the topics in detail, provides a free Facebook group with 9000 active members, a flight instructor who's been doing training for 20 years, access to 350 practice exams, timely updates to the course, a flashcard app, scenario based training, interactive 3D model, provides a guarantee you pass or you get your money back and pay for your retest then we will change our price to free :)
We provide a service, unlike others ;) We also provide free registration stickers right here, a great service for the community we support year long: Free FAA Drone Registration Stickers - Pilot Institute

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan