DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FAA Renewal

Reactions
Hi friends,
My FAA drone license (not part 107) will be expiring soon. I've searched around but have not found where we can simply renew the permit - does anyone know if this is possible or must we start all over? I would hate to get new numbers for all my RC aircraft.. Any help is appreciated.

Reactions: Inspirephil
Hi friends,
My FAA drone license (not part 107) will be expiring soon. I've searched around but have not found where we can simply renew the permit - does anyone know if this is possible or must we start all over? I would hate to get new numbers for all my RC aircraft.. Any help is appreciated.
Also, I posted in another thread, if your registration would have ended this month, it is now extended until 2020.

Reactions: dirkclod
I looked for it and couldn't find it tcope but yup .0ROJYyg.png

Also, I posted in another thread, if your registration would have ended this month, it is now extended until 2020.
My expiration on the card shows 01/03/19 and I obtained it on 01/03/16. So are they good for 3,4 or 5 years now? Where can I find that rule/law/ordinance?? I'd like to have a card with the correct expiration in the event I show it to law enforcement and they get picky about the expiration date. I found a renewal FFA site but they want $24.00. I think its a scam site.

My expiration on the card shows 01/03/19 and I obtained it on 01/03/16. So are they good for 3,4 or 5 years now? Where can I find that rule/law/ordinance?? I'd like to have a card with the correct expiration in the event I show it to law enforcement and they get picky about the expiration date. I found a renewal FFA site but they want $24.00. I think its a scam site.

Yes, that's a scam site. Log into your account at the actual FAA website: FAADroneZone

Log into your account and see what your expiration date is now. Some got extended by a year after registration was overturned by a court and then reinstated again. Either way, you can print out another copy of your registration.

Last edited:
my understanding it is for three years, unless something has changed.

I remember reading something here or in PP back in late
15 or early 16 but I have ate since then and no idea where
to look. Seems it was around the time you could opted out
and get your money back.

Hi friends,
I registered at [email protected].
$5 and you’re all set up to go

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kzenoxx