DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FAA TRUST Test is here!

I found the link last Sunday morning. Took it in 20 minutes. All registered up.
You took the one from AMA. That isn't valid. It only became valid today. Just retake it. If it's dated before today, it's not good. The AMA broke FAA Embargo and those tests aren't valid.

I'm taking it again via @pilotinstitute.

Just completed the test. It was easy... the correct answers to the questions were pretty obvious even without reading the teaching material.

I am curious about one thing: is the Authentication Token on the Completion Certificate what law enforcement would use to verify that you actually passed the course? In other words, how would LE know the certificate that you produced (either a physical printed copy or the downloaded PDF file on your mobile device) is legitimate?

Just completed the test. It was easy... the correct answers to the questions were pretty obvious even without reading the teaching material.

I am curious about one thing: is the Authentication Token on the Completion Certificate what law enforcement would use to verify that you actually passed the course? In other words, how would LE know the certificate that you produced (either a physical printed copy or the downloaded PDF file on your mobile device) is legitimate?
If there is any question, they can check the number to see if it's legitimate. There is no way to verify it against your name.

It can be forged, but in all reality, why? It's easy and free, there is no reason to fake one.

Believe this should be made aware of in all our forums.
Will leave that up to you @BigAl07 ?

What is the required timeline for this? Where did this come from?
The timeline is now. Enforcement will be delayed.

The requirement comes from 49 USC 44809: Exception for limited recreational operations of unmanned aircraft.

Section 7 of 44809 states: "The operator has passed an aeronautical knowledge and safety test described in subsection (g) and maintains proof of test passage to be made available to the Administrator or law enforcement upon request."

So it comes from Congress. It is now a requirement if you want to fly under the recreational rule.

• Love
Reactions: BigAl07
You took the one from AMA. That isn't valid. It only became valid today. Just retake it. If it's dated before today, it's not good. The AMA broke FAA Embargo and those tests aren't valid.
The fact that this is even an issue and was possible is not good. Did AMA mess up or did the FAA? I do media appearances and write articles and know all about embargos, but as a lawyer I’ve never heard of this issue coming up in federal regulatory matters, or any other governmental matters either. Obviously anyone who took it earlier than allowed and realizes the issue should re-take it, and as a lawyer that’s definitely my advice. But…. I’d be shocked if anyone is ever prosecuted based on this issue. And if they were - I say this as a former prosecutor - I would love to defend that case, and then bring a civil suit after the charges are dismissed, as they almost certainly would be.

Reactions: RMS001
Guys I’m always suspicious ofthe new vendors .
I apologize @pilotinstitute I recommend you to all .
Just been here to long I guess. Don’t trust any new folks but you
have a ??
No problem at all. We actually appreciate that people question credentials and don’t take everything they are told for granted! Trust is earned.

I thought it was funny my “authentication token” started with “EASY” (which is accurate; took about 5 minutes, mostly scrolling) but I guess all of them from Pilot Institute do.
Haha the FAA allowed us to choose a 4-letter identifier. Our motto is Aviation Training Made Easy so it was a no brainer :)

Corset. Anyone flying for recreational purposes in the US, regardless of age or aircraft weight.
Thank you. I also belong to a few clubs & fly AMA rules at our AMA registered sites.

Is there a date all RC pilots need to be registered by?

I'm surprised I haven't seen much from the AMA but admit I rarely watch their AMA live videos.

Its pretty funny that 107 holders need to pass this as well to fly recreationally... the test is really beneath anyone who has undergone that level of flight education.

On the flip side.... it is a different set of rules, so a different certificate makes sense. At least it is incredibly easy for anyone with a bit of experience.

Reactions: RMS001
Its pretty funny that 107 holders need to pass this as well to fly recreationally... the test is really beneath anyone who has undergone that level of flight education.
To be precise, everyone needs to pass it before flying under the 44809 exception for limited recreational operations of unmanned aircraft.

You can fly recreationally under Part 107, as long as you comply with all of its provisions. There's no rule prohibiting recreational flight under part 107, but there is a rule prohibiting anything other than strictly recreational flight under 44807.

But yeah, it's not difficult. It reminds me of my boss who had to take an English test to become a naturalized US citizen. He was born in an English-speaking country and was a native speaker of English (quite eloquent and literate, in fact), while the examiner who gave him the test was a heavily accented non-native speaker of English.

But rules are rules, and when Congress says that everyone has to pass a test, it means everyone has to pass the test, no matter how easy the test may be.

Reactions: Vic Moss
Completed and Downloaded. :cool:

This should be fun

On the flip side.... it is a different set of rules, so a different certificate makes sense. At least it is incredibly easy for anyone with a bit of experience.
It’s all relative. The 107 test/courses are really beneath anyone who is a private pilot or above. And I’m sure the FAA knowledge tests I’ve taken are beneath an ATP. We’re always learning. I’m glad the FAA is requiring this.

But yeah, there is nothing here different from anything on the 107 test as far as I saw, so the requirement seems a little silly. It should be incorporated. But I didn’t mind spending 5 minutes doing it.

• Love
Reactions: BigAl07 and Rich QR
Hey real quick. The FAA just released The Recreational UAS Safety Test (TRUST). Everyone flying their drones recreationally in the US is required to take it. The good news is it’s free, it’s fast and Pilot Institute is an authorized Testing provider. You can find more information about TRUST with this video
and take the test directly at https://trust.pilotinstitute.com.
Did it. Takes 15 minutes or less.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
suretybondsa