DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now
This is just an inquiry, but how much is it to get the part needed to fix the support plate for the left rear arm?

The support plate is part of the body mount, so better off just buying a whole new arm with motor. I havent seen anyone selling just the support plate with housing, because when the LR arm breaks, it usually takes the support plate and housing with it. Mavs just seem to like to land LR first, and they break often.

When I get back from vacation, I can take a look for a LR arm for you and see what I have. If I can find one that just has a broken motor but the body mount is good I can offer it up.

The support plate is part of the body mount, so better off just buying a whole new arm with motor. I havent seen anyone selling just the support plate with housing, because when the LR arm breaks, it usually takes the support plate and housing with it. Mavs just seem to like to land LR first, and they break often.

When I get back from vacation, I can take a look for a LR arm for you and see what I have. If I can find one that just has a broken motor but the body mount is good I can offer it up.
That would be great. It would be a waste to have to buy so much just so I can replace the arm support plate.

I agree. I always wished that DJI would sell parts like other RC manufacturers do, especially cars and trucks. For most RC cars you can buy a screw set, arms, tires, anything you want stock OEM or even upgraded OEM. For RC helicopters, take a look at Align, makers of the Trex. You can buy any part on that bird as a standalone part, or replace it with your own. DJI just wants to sell drones and some other accessories, but not repair parts for the Mavic. They did the same thing with the P4, thats why I have 2 P4s sitting on a shelf waiting for parts that I will probably never find. DJI just isnt in the business of letting people fix their own drones. They want you to send it in to them, so they can charge you for labor.

I agree. I always wished that DJI would sell parts like other RC manufacturers do, especially cars and trucks. For most RC cars you can buy a screw set, arms, tires, anything you want stock OEM or even upgraded OEM. For RC helicopters, take a look at Align, makers of the Trex. You can buy any part on that bird as a standalone part, or replace it with your own. DJI just wants to sell drones and some other accessories, but not repair parts for the Mavic. They did the same thing with the P4, thats why I have 2 P4s sitting on a shelf waiting for parts that I will probably never find. DJI just isnt in the business of letting people fix their own drones. They want you to send it in to them, so they can charge you for labor.
So is Miele. When the dishwasher broke down I received a quote of $20 for the parts and $500 for the labor. I yelled at them until the agreed to forward me to the warehouse so I can order the parts. It came 3 days later, and I fixed the dishwasher myself. I saved $500.

I have tried begging, yelling and pleading with DJI to sell just parts of the gimbal that are broken, and it's a waste of breath. It's always their standard answer, I'm sorry we don't sell individual parts, please send your bird in for repair.

I'm glad you got your dishwasher fixed.

I have tried begging, yelling and pleading with DJI to sell just parts of the gimbal that are broken, and it's a waste of breath. It's always their standard answer, I'm sorry we don't sell individual parts, please send your bird in for repair.

It was a highlight for me and my parents. I was only 15 when it happened. :p

Well you just answered my question that I was going to PM to you with this post.

Did DJI never hear about the right to repair bill being pushed. I guess I'll put DJI on the list of vendors with the other big guys that refuse to sell parts to small repair shops then. I shouldn't have to by crashed DJI mavics to get parts.

Looks like I screwed up when trying to decid on building one or buying a prebuilt one. Seriously thinking about selling it now, good thing it keeps snowing and preventing me from flying. I wonder if the DJI Refresh is transferable? Anyone want to buy a DJI Mavic Fly more kit with 7 battery packs ran thiught, minimal flight time, never crashed?

Curious, is this just for the Mavic? I thought they sold parts for the phantom 1 in the phantom 2 and even the inspire 1. So is this just a mavic thing for now because they are trying to keep up with orders and might change the policy later?
Or do you think this is because they now offer the DJI Refresh and want to push that warranty program? What's your thoughts?

Well you just answered my question that I was going to PM to you with this post.

Did DJI never hear about the right to repair bill being pushed. I guess I'll put DJI on the list of vendors with the other big guys that refuse to sell parts to small repair shops then. I shouldn't have to by crashed DJI mavics to get parts.

Looks like I screwed up when trying to decid on building one or buying a prebuilt one. Seriously thinking about selling it now, good thing it keeps snowing and preventing me from flying. I wonder if the DJI Refresh is transferable? Anyone want to buy a DJI Mavic Fly more kit with 7 battery packs ran thiught, minimal flight time, never crashed?

Curious, is this just for the Mavic? I thought they sold parts for the phantom 1 in the phantom 2 and even the inspire 1. So is this just a mavic thing for now because they are trying to keep up with orders and might change the policy later?
Or do you think this is because they now offer the DJI Refresh and want to push that warranty program? What's your thoughts?
Probably. They're probably just trying to get everything back up to speed.

Well I have the refresh just because it's a new drone and wasn't like any other on the market. So that covers me for a year I guess. Maybe I'll wait and see if they get stock ciaght up and start selling parts later by the time my one year of refresh is up.
Scott

Reactions: Soundtekk
Yes Im back from vacation. Which parts did you need?
Hi Thunder-Drones,

I am looking for the rear right body piece that the arm slides into. I have attached and highlighted the image for the part.
The rear body screw has stripped out the plastic on this part so the arm has some flex in it. Seems crazy to buy a whole arm and motor. Do you have a good condition part from a scrap?

DJM008-BR_1-500x500.jpg Damaged Thread.jpg

Hi Thunder-Drones,

I am looking for the rear right body piece that the arm slides into. I have attached and highlighted the image for the part.
The rear body screw has stripped out the plastic on this part so the arm has some flex in it. Seems crazy to buy a whole arm and motor. Do you have a good condition part from a scrap?

View attachment 11004 View attachment 11005

That screw goes into metal not plastic, but it's still easy to strip. $25 shipped USA gets you this part. This one's used and has a gouge in it but I would send a new one.

To install it, you will need to remove the top cover (10 screws), desolder the 3 motor leads, unscrew 2 arm joint saddle screws, install new part, reverse to reassemble.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

That screw goes into metal not plastic, but it's still easy to strip. $25 shipped USA gets you this part. This one's used and has a gouge in it but I would send a new one.

To install it, you will need to remove the top cover (10 screws), desolder the 3 motor leads, unscrew 2 arm joint saddle screws, install new part, reverse to reassemble.

View attachment 11013 View attachment 11014 View attachment 11015 View attachment 11016

Thanks for your reply! That looks to be the right part. In image 4, on the left side is that the screw that sticks out the back in my second image? I forgot to mention I am in Australia, so buying this part may not make economic sense if the whole arm is available for 34USD shipped on ebay. Do you get these arm parts from DJI or from crashed drone? Do you think we will see the part in the official dji bag on ebay some time soon like the camera support frame?

When you mention the 2 arm joint saddle screws, where is this? I removed the one in the arm hub so that the arm can slide out of the socket. There is also a screw internally on the top just hidden under the motor wires. There is also the screw that is stripped. The arm still seemed very tight and would not release easily from the frame. I don't think it was the wire as there was still some slack in it. Am I missing another screw?

Many thanks

When you mention the 2 arm joint saddle screws, where is this? I removed the one in the arm hub so that the arm can slide out of the socket. There is also a screw internally on the top just hidden under the motor wires. There is also the screw that is stripped. The arm still seemed very tight and would not release easily from the frame. I don't think it was the wire as there was still some slack in it. Am I missing another screw?

Take off the top cover and see whats inside. 10 screws.

Take off the top cover and see whats inside. 10 screws.

I already had the top cover removed for camera cable repair. I am at this point and these are the three screws I have removed from the arm however the housing you linked above doesn't seem to be loose.

Mavic-Teardown-ocusync.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78