DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cammo

Reactions
Hi all,

I'm setting up a remote charging solution for my Mavic 3 and have started with a 12.8V 30Ah LiFePo4 battery and a 65W car charger which came with a 100W type C charging cable (this eBay one to be precise).
I've tried charging a single Mavic 3 battery which is at 50-75% state of charge in the charging hub and the led light on the charging hub changes between green and amber/yellow and the charging seems to start/stop. When I put a single battery in that is close to full the charge seems to work perfectly and the pulsing green led on the charging hub works fine.

Anyone experienced something like this happening?

Thanks,

Cam

@Cammo are you aware that the battery for the Mavic 3 is a 4c so a 12.8 v charger will not charge it

Reactions: StantonZ
@Cammo are you aware that the battery for the Mavic 3 is a 4c so a 12.8 v charger will not charge it
I've got a USB-C car charger connected to the battery which is meant to supply 5V/3A, 9V/3A, 12V/3A, 15V/3A, 20V/3.25A out of the type C port. I thought that would work fine? Otherwise that's something I had no idea of :0

Just tried the car charger in my car and it's having problems in there too. The display on the charger cycles through the battery voltage, USB-C voltage, USB-C current, USB-A voltage, USB-A current. Here's a video of it happening, any help appreciated.

I didn't end up getting much more help with this and have partly given up for now however it seems as though a (try searching eBay for this) "Waterproof DC/DC Converter Regulator 12V Step Up to 13.8V 15A 207W" placed between the cigarette lighter socket and the car charger will solve this problem.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
I didn't end up getting much more help with this and have partly given up for now however it seems as though a (try searching eBay for this) "Waterproof DC/DC Converter Regulator 12V Step Up to 13.8V 15A 207W" placed between the cigarette lighter socket and the car charger will solve this problem.

An example of mine for 4wd trips charging from 12v.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anchorhavasu