DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fighting Drone Registration "Schemes" With Free Stickers

pilotinstitute

Approved Vendor
Reactions
We are happy to announce that we've shipped free drone registration stickers to 10,000 people.

In order to legally fly your drone, you are supposed to register it in most cases. It costs only $5 if you do it on the FAA Drone Zone.

Unfortunately, there are a few companies that mimic the FAA's website and charge people up to $150 to do it for them.

After hearing from our students about how they felt deceived by such websites, we decided to take action.

In July of 2021 we started advertising free stickers to people searching Google for drone registration terms. So far, we've shipped stickers to more than 10,000 people.

There's no catch with the free stickers. We typically ship them twice a week and we let people know they can register their drone directly with the FAA.

We plan on continuing to offer free drone registration stickers to more people and build additional public awareness.

Greg,

I was pushing your stickers last October... Your Weekly Updates are one of my Must-Dos...

Put Your Contact Information on Your Drone...​

• Love
Reactions: pilotinstitute
We are happy to announce that we've shipped free drone registration stickers to 10,000 people.

In order to legally fly your drone, you are supposed to register it in most cases. It costs only $5 if you do it on the FAA Drone Zone.

Unfortunately, there are a few companies that mimic the FAA's website and charge people up to $150 to do it for them.

After hearing from our students about how they felt deceived by such websites, we decided to take action.

In July of 2021 we started advertising free stickers to people searching Google for drone registration terms. So far, we've shipped stickers to more than 10,000 people.

There's no catch with the free stickers. We typically ship them twice a week and we let people know they can register their drone directly with the FAA.

We plan on continuing to offer free drone registration stickers to more people and build additional public awareness.

First Class Operation! Got my stickers quickly and they are very professional looking. Look great on my drones. Thanks Greg!!!

Greg, I got your free stickers but the phone number was wrong on them so I couldn’t use them. I inquired via email and someone from your company said they couldn’t do anything about it. So I ended up throwing them in the trash. You might want to think about corrections if a mistake/error occurs. Thanks buddy

Reactions: LoudThunder
Greg, I got your free stickers but the phone number was wrong on them so I couldn’t use them. I inquired via email and someone from your company said they couldn’t do anything about it. So I ended up throwing them in the trash. You might want to think about corrections if a mistake/error occurs. Thanks buddy
Strega, email us at [email protected], we'll send you new ones, I'm surprised someone turned you away, we send updated stickers when needed.

Kind thanks Greg. I appreciate it. I’m one of those 10,000 who now have stickers from you, for as many drones as I’ll ever own. They look pretty good too. Nice design.

Im new and for a minute I was skeptical a out the free stickers for drones even though its a good idea to have them with my ontact infos but like I said im a rookie... but one thing bothers me how would I know sie sticker would fit my drone since all drones comes in different sizes and design?

Im new and for a minute I was skeptical a out the free stickers for drones even though its a good idea to have them with my ontact infos but like I said im a rookie... but one thing bothers me how would I know sie sticker would fit my drone since all drones comes in different sizes and design?
We designed the stickers to fit even on the smaller drones like the MIni or Nano.

I have them on mine and I've posted this article in the Pilot Institute AZ FB Drone Group!

A big thank you pilot institute, I received my sticker's awhile back.
Keep up the great work you folks are doing.

Reactions: pilotinstitute
Great initiative, I did something similar in Europe in that I pointed stores towards the euro control exam which is free and valid in all of Europe

• Haha
Reactions: bitsbytes

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oshgeo