DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Finally Got My Controller Bike Handlebar Setup Sorted

Highland Flyer

Reactions
Last friday my bike handlebar mount arrived from ebay, it clamped onto the handlebars with ease, the controller snaps into it with a firm click and feels solid, my phone mounts onto the controller no problem too. To make it even more secure i had these thick rubber bands lying around, one stretched over the mount and controller and the other 2 over the controller and phone, the setup feels very secure indeed. Going a quite a speed on my local off road trails it didn't budge an inch

Attachments

• Bike Mount.jpg
    Bike Mount.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 137
  • Controller in Bike Mount.jpg
    Controller in Bike Mount.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 135
  • The whole setup.jpg
    The whole setup.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 137
  • The setup.jpg
    The setup.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 135
Last friday my bike handlebar mount arrived from ebay, it clamped onto the handlebars with ease, the controller snaps into it with a firm click and feels solid, my phone mounts onto the controller no problem too. To make it even more secure i had these thick rubber bands lying around, one stretched over the mount and controller and the other 2 over the controller and phone, the setup feels very secure indeed. Going a quite a speed on my local off road trails it didn't budge an inch
Do you have a link to the eBay listing you got it from? I am interested in a bike mount too.
Update the thread to let us know how it works.

Chris

Are you going to post the link for this mount?

At the extreme right of the url box click the icon to the left of Bookmark this tab icon, and click English

That has to be hard to control with watching the road and trying to operate the Drone at the same time.

I did not make the assumption that the OP would be trying to ride his bike and operate the controller at the same time. I can see setting the IFM to follow me and having the controller in the handlebar mount for a clear line of sight for signal purposes.

Reactions: mtb.arizona
I did not make the assumption that the OP would be trying to ride his bike and operate the controller at the same time. I can see setting the IFM to follow me and having the controller in the handlebar mount for a clear line of sight for signal purposes.

That'd be my use case if it were me. I've avoided trying to film myself with my M2P simply because I have no way to stow the controller rig while riding, let alone see at a glance if it's still locked on and tracking me.

Not sure i'd trust that 3d printed rig, but it does give some hope that it can be done. The types of trails Itend to ride here in AZ would shake that thing to death for sure. (youtube.com/azmtbfix)

That'd be my use case if it were me. I've avoided trying to film myself with my M2P simply because I have no way to stow the controller rig while riding, let alone see at a glance if it's still locked on and tracking me.

Not sure i'd trust that 3d printed rig, but it does give some hope that it can be done. The types of trails Itend to ride here in AZ would shake that thing to death for sure. (youtube.com/azmtbfix)
Not necessarily, iv'e tried it on really gnarly rock garden trails as well and even on 2ft jumps the thing is rock solid, i would say don't assume till you've tried it yourself, i cherish my toys and it wouldn't risk damaging them if i wasn't sure it is safe. I tested it on flat easy fields first, then built up to rougher and rougher terrain.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
instaproapk