DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Find flight info in DJI Fly

Nooguy

Reactions
I keep seeing recommendations for people going to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help to view the flight logs -- but I must be missing something. My DJI Fly doesn't produce .TXT, only .LOG files. DJI Assistant 2 supposedly makes these viewable but all it really does is download them as .DAT files. I learned that .LOG files are created in Windows to record system events and .DAT files can record anything -- and both are very difficult to view. No app I've found in Windows 10 is capable of opening these.

If other noobies have the same problem try this: I just found out where the Fly app keeps a sort of abbreviated version. I opened the app without being connected to the Mini and the first graphic screen I saw had "Profile" listed at the bottom. I clicked it and found a page with a summary of my flights. Clicking "more" I got a list of each giving distance, altitude and duration. Clicking any of the listings shows the actual flight path and you can start a video showing the movement of the drone during that flight.

Maybe all this is incredibly naive but then I am new to this stuff. Any help in reading those .LOG and .DAT files would be most appreciated.

We have a section if you have a crash or flyaway and several
members that are top notch reading them.

Reactions: Bobvt and Thomas B
My DJI Fly doesn't produce .TXT, only .LOG files. DJI Assistant 2 supposedly makes these viewable but all it really does is download them as .DAT files. I learned that .LOG files are created in Windows to record system events and .DAT files can record anything -- and both are very difficult to view. No app I've found in Windows 10 is capable of opening these.
You are mistaken. The Fly App does create .txt log files. Assistant 2 only downloads the files. It does not make them readable.
You need to use the link you mentioned for ".txt log files" and/or ".csv log files". The Fly App also creates .dat files as does GO4.
These as well are not directly readable. To view either, I would suggest using : CSV View

Reactions: dirkclod
The .txt and.dat files have tons of raw data recorded during the each flight. If you have an issue this data can be evaluated to help understand what happened. If you want more info check here.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MemphisDrone