DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firehouse Strobes

MavicFlyer

Reactions
I've used the Firehouse ARC 2 strobes for over a year now. While I'm very impressed with the brightness, size, battery life, etc., I can't say the same about durability.
One died after a couple of months, and was replaced by the vendor, at no charge.
Another worked OK, but the charging light didn't work, although it did charge. Just a few weeks ago, I found that of the 4 LEDs, the front and back went out, but the left and right continued to work. Interestingly enough, the LED charging light works normally. I suspect I may have damaged it by flexing the circuit board, while attaching it to my Mavic Air - I use 3M Dual Lock (low profile)...I may have pressed it too hard.
The third one has been working OK.

Now, I'm looking at the new Firehouse strobe with the plastic globe, and shell - ARC XL...any thoughts about mounting it to a Mavic Air?

I also understand Firehouse has a new 5 LED strobe coming out soon called the "V" - saw on their FB page. Anybody have comments about that one.

I ended up buying the ARC V (5 LED), and am VERY happy with it - uploaded a review on Monday at Firehouse ARC V Strobe Review
I considered the ARC XL, which is supposed to get a 6th LED at some point, but decided against it. The only reason was that the case is considerably thicker and heavier, to accommodate the locator hardware. Since I didn't need the locator, the choice was obvious

Reactions: raymairjr
Great review, thanks for letting us know the next generation is available. Hopefully Aerial Pixel will have the arm mounts available soon.

Reactions: Lionfish
Reactions: LoganAir
Reactions: LoganAir
And where did you mount it? I'm looking for a strobe to mount on the bottom of my MA2 but concerned with the size.
Im keen on a bottom mounting too - but doesn't seem to be being mentioned a lot?

Reactions: A.O.
Im keen on a bottom mounting too - but doesn't seem to be being mentioned a lot?
Yes I would like to see a pic of one mounted on the bottom of a MA2!! To me a light on top doesn't make sense unless you are piloting it from above.

Reactions: DieselE
I'm also interested in a bottom mount option for my MA2.
To bottom mount on the MA2 you would need to cover your landing light plus have landing gear extensions. You would need to mount it with Velcro or 3M tape over the landing light in the orientation in the photo below to not block the downward sensors, this is why we haven't pursued designing a bottom mount on the MA2.
PXL_20201230_162437320.jpg
For the Mavic 2 series we offer a mount that clips on to the arms but faces downward, we could do something similar for the MA2, clipping to the bottom of the front arm (facing downward) would also be a solution. Still with the 180+ degree throw of the light on the ARC V I still just recommend arm mounting them facing forward or backward, throws light up, down and forward/backward.

Reactions: Thomas B
To bottom mount on the MA2 you would need to cover your landing light plus have landing gear extensions. You would need to mount it with Velcro or 3M tape over the landing light in the orientation in the photo below to not block the downward sensors, this is why we haven't pursued designing a bottom mount on the MA2.
View attachment 120405
For the Mavic 2 series we offer a mount that clips on to the arms but faces downward, we could do something similar for the MA2, clipping to the bottom of the front arm (facing downward) would also be a solution. Still with the 180+ degree throw of the light on the ARC V I still just recommend arm mounting them facing forward or backward, throws light up, down and forward/backward.
I'd be glad to test drive that for you! ;)

View attachment 120405
Well that is not the case, I just mounted an ARC V on the bottom of my MA2, It fits right behind the gimbal where it says MAVIC on your picture above.
While I was disappointed in its visuality (is that a word?) it fits there and yes I needed extended landing gear to do so.

IMG_4778.JPG

IMG_4776.JPG

Well that is not the case, I just mounted an ARC V on the bottom of my MA2, It fits right behind the gimbal where it says MAVIC on your picture above.
While I was disappointed in its visuality (is that a word?) it fits there and yes I needed extended landing gear to do so.

View attachment 121883

View attachment 121884
Hello @A.O. - Curious, where did you get those landing gear ? Never seen those before.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803