DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

firmware update 06.01.0670

I think it's just a mockery. Why amplify the signal if it cannot be used? Well this is complete insanity.
They do it for MARKETING reasons......when someone sees your drone who is noticed to looking at one, what is the first question they ask?..... "....how far can you fly that there thing?"

So, if DJI can market that it fly 6 miles....then it's a better marketing device.

Kirk

Reactions: Mr Shamrok
Sadly the update does not fix the SC no video feed problem.
Don’t have a SC or keep up with it so I will ask.
Doesn’t it get its own updates or just the same as for regular devices ?

Don’t have a SC or keep up with it so I will ask.
Doesn’t it get its own updates or just the same as for regular devices ?
It has firmware for the RC - it basically has the guts of an RC and an android phone.
So the RC firmware did get updated on this one.
There is also the Android OS when does get updated from time to time. I don't think this one updated android.
It was "only" about 250MB.

I now think this could be an issue with GO4.

Reactions: dirkclod
Updated M2Z yesterday, flew this morning. Went out over an island I typically overfly. Maybe it was a little less signal drop or better signal. I did probably go a few 100 meters further than typical without a problem. So, increased range or better signal quality, check. No other issues. Flew normally.

According to this video, the chinese firmware update is a mandatory one. Haven't been able to find the chinese release notes to verify, but according to the video, if chinese users don't install the update, their AC's will be bricked.

Makes you wonder what changes they implement in the firmware that makes them feel it should be mandatory for users to install.

Reactions: Bryce steiner
I just got a firmware update message for my MP2.

I notice it says that this patch "increased the maximum transmission distance to 10 KM (FCC)".

What does this exactly mean?

Perhaps someone mentioned this, but be sure to run the update with each of your batteries, Otherwise you will get an "Inconsistent Firmware" message when you go to fly,

They do it for MARKETING reasons......when someone sees your drone who is noticed to looking at one, what is the first question they ask?..... "....how far can you fly that there thing?"

So, if DJI can market that it fly 6 miles....then it's a better marketing device.

Kirk
That's for sure.

DJI have stated that the transmission distance information they provide is intended as a “proxy” for signal integrity and stability. It does not indicate the distance an RPA can be flown, which needs to remain within local RPA regulations.

I just got a firmware update message for my MP2.

I notice it says that this patch "increased the maximum transmission distance to 10 KM (FCC)".

What does this exactly mean?
It means this is an Update which can now make it possible to fly your Drone 6 miles and other bugs repaired.

[
Perhaps someone mentioned this, but be sure to run the update with each of your batteries, Otherwise you will get an "Inconsistent Firmware" message when you go to fly,
Strange I didn’t. But have had that come up several days later after
flying after a firmware update. Maybe it just updated them when I inserted them without notice.

I did the update. Right after the controller finished the RC battery level reading dropped instantly from 53% to 13%?? What's that all about? Hoping it was just out of sync between the reading and the actual battery level, but that was a massive drop if it was! Anyone else had that?

Kirk
Wrong

Unless the transmit power regulations have changed, which I would doubt, I suspect they have worked to improve signal integrity sufficiently to enable the additional 1KM. Not that you can see the existing maximum distance by the unaided eye, I now expect those that disregard the VLOS rules will start testing this out.

If this is the case (which I suspect is true). Sure, in most places you can't fly beyond VLOS. HOWEVER, if the signal integrity is improved, those of us who have experienced interference when flying within VLOS may, in fact, experience improved connectivity. I don't view that as insignificant or just a marketing ploy.

Guys I’m not sure why some of you are making a big deal out
of this getting a little more power. Yes it’s great for those that have
issues flying VLOS and with more power might fix that .
The MP when it first came out would go 4.2 with no issues where
i’m at as would the M2P right out of the box.
So it will go further now nothing is changed . Those that fly BVLOS
are going to anyway and all the talk in the world is not going to change it.
This thread isn’t about the legalities but if it has bugs or not and
as I said once before that’s what this is going to stay on.
LT this isn’t aimed at you but above.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zacf