DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware update on the CS

Porky

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Very quick question, I know there’s a new go 4 app firmware release for the iso/android platforms, I know the CS firmware is always the last to be updated but my question is, how do we know when it’s out for our CS’s. Do we get some sort of message pop up on the screen?

Thanks guys

Tried to update the controller/drone/batteries via my CS, no joy kept giving me a network error message... it was connected to my network.

I updated all firmware through my iPhone.

Anyone else have problems like this?

Not with the CS but with the new Smart Controller which is basically a CS as I understand it.

In contact with DJI who are going to replace it but I’m not convinced that will work as I have seen many problems with both Smart Controller and CS...

-=Glyn=-
Keep us updated Glyn, would be interested to see if your new controller updates.

For those of you who have had a CS for a long time, how long after an iOS or android update does the CS version typically release?
There is no regular pattern visible on the release schedule from DJI.
It could be weeks or months.

As we speak, GO4 on CS is 8 versions behind current 4.3.12 (IOS)

Wow, I didn’t know that, shocked.... Oh well, I’ll have to use my iPhone to try out “way points” at least I can always fall back on that if needed, had to to get my drone/controller/batteries firmware updated, couldn’t update via the CS for some reason.

Wow, I didn’t know that, shocked.... Oh well, I’ll have to use my iPhone to try out “way points” at least I can always fall back on that if needed, had to to get my drone/controller/batteries firmware updated, couldn’t update via the CS for some reason.

I can never update that way with the CS. I've always had to use DJI Assistant 2. If I were guessing I'd guess that it had something to do with not having mobile data. Of course it's just a guess.

Tried to update the controller/drone/batteries via my CS, no joy kept giving me a network error message... it was connected to my network.

I updated all firmware through my iPhone.

Anyone else have problems like this?

Yes, I'm having the exact same problem with my CS. I keep getting a network error message. It's very frustrating to say the least.

I can never update that way with the CS. I've always had to use DJI Assistant 2. If I were guessing I'd guess that it had something to do with not having mobile data. Of course it's just a guess.

My CS was connected to my home network via WiFi the same as my iPhone. iPhone worked a dream but the CS just wasn’t playing ball.

This is the first time I've ever had an issue with firmware updates of any kind. I wonder if others are getting this same network error message on CS.

I hooked up my iPad Pro and everything updated perfectly. I'm not sure what the deal is with CS.

Last edited:
Would be interesting to see if anyone else pipes in with the same problem and if they had a fix.

I have the same issue. When I purchased my CS UB in July last year I was able to connect to my Wi-Fi but recently I was thinking about trying to install Drone Harmony and the login to my Wi-Fi fails with authentication error. It looks like CS is attempting to connect multiple time, I can see on the display "Connecting" and then "Saved" and after few attempts it fails. Looks like I have to use my cell phone from now on :(

That could be, my answer was related to CS (CrystalSky)
The Smart Controller has (currently) GO4 4.3.10 installed. The general Android version is 4.3.11. To be able to use waypoints you need 4.3.12

Thanks for the clarification.

Assuming the CS version is below 4.3.10, I would be highly annoyed if I had a CS.

Moreover, if this new premium (expensive) accessory is not updated within a few weeks to 4.3.12, I'll likely return it. Hard to understand why DJI would treat their best customers (those willing to adopt early at high prices) as second tier concerns.

Last edited:
Assuming the CS version is below 4.3.10, I would be highly annoyed if I had a CS.

Absolutely -- I'm as annoyed as I can be. Granted, I have an iPad Pro that I can use, but spending $1K on a CS only to see it lag behind in updates makes me want to return it as well.

Moreover, if this new premium (expensive) accessory is not updated within a few weeks to 4.3.12, I'll likely return it. Hard to understand why DJI would treat their best customers (those willing to adopt early at high prices) as second tier concerns.

Yeah, that's the thing -- DJI couldn't possibly care less. The only, and I mean only, way to change this is to have meaningful competition in the prosumer drone market. Unless and until that happens, DJI will continue to behave as all monopolies do.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan