DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware v01.03.0500

There's also a new version of the user manual available for download from the DJI site. The only change I noticed is the addition of a dual remote controller (master/slave) capability using the new firmware with the latest release of the DJI GO 4 app.

I also couldn't update the NFZ. Then took it out for a quick test flight and received a lot of alerts saying I am in restricted area. I do live within 5 miles of a class D airport, but these were different alerts than I would get before. App also lost connection a few times.

So far this does not seem like much of an update. I'll wait, unless we hear of something new popping up.

I had hoped by now someone would have been able to install the update and give us a rundown on what they experienced.

Found some more options for the custom keys, one I need and its there is to change right thumb wheel between Shutter and ISO in manual exposure..... BUT I cant get it to work, pops up on the screen to tell be about the function but still the shutter speed stays blue and ISO white.

So where was that option? My options for C1 and C2 looked to be the same. What was weird was that the right wheel didn't change ANY values or even beep when I clicked/rotated it. Strange.

I opened up litchi and it worked as normal there, moving the EV up and down.

Got a little worried as I took apart my controller yesterday and remembered everything working correctly.

EDIT: just realized that the iOS DJI Go 4 that prompted me to update to .0500 is 4.0.4 from Feb 13th. Maybe the new right wheel options will show up once the iOS update propagates.

Last edited:
I also couldn't update the NFZ. Then took it out for a quick test flight and received a lot of alerts saying I am in restricted area. I do live within 5 miles of a class D airport, but these were different alerts than I would get before. App also lost connection a few times.
Did you check that Geofence is turned off in the app? It's on by default when the MP is new and is likely re enabled during the firmware or Go app update.

Reactions: avanti1963
There's also a new version of the user manual available for download from the DJI site. The only change I noticed is the addition of a dual remote controller (master/slave) capability using the new firmware with the latest release of the DJI GO 4 app.

That looks interesting and I actually have 2 Mavic Pro controllers. May get a chance to try that sometime. Thanks for noticing - it's always a pain reading these as they NEVER put in a changes section.

Reactions: Skyler
Word of advice:

Make sure to verify that your settings have not been reset, remember that after the firmware update many go back to default!

Edit: many of the settings including obstacle avoidance where set to default. Check the settings before flying !

Last edited:
I went out for 3 full flights this afternoon on the new 0500 firmware. The first two flights were with GO 4.0.4 on Samsung S5 and worked well. I tried a semi-distance flight but it was windy and I didn't go far as I've not tested there before. It was just over 13,000' - very solid connection the whole time. It did ask me to upgrade the NFZ database which had failed at home upgrading, but I declined (no internet at the site). Sport mode hit just over 40 mph and the speed shown in mph in the app was finally correct.

Then I tried a flight with Litchi 3.10.5 on a Nexus 5x which worked great. I was comparing Legacy Pano mode with the new mode - they both work ok but the new one takes forever - 25% of the battery for 26 shots. New mode 6:36, legacy mode 2:08. Orbit worked fine.

Anyway everything worked that I tried. The new version looks fine.

Here's the signal strength and distance every 30 seconds as I flew up a mountain.

upload_2017-3-2_17-35-47.png

Reactions: Mr Spock
Updating mine to 1.03.500 at 99%. I have 2 Mavics to update, mine and my Boss'.
Well I just reach for a glass of wine. I will report back on the update, I won't be able to fly today as it is already getting dark.

I went out for 3 full flights this afternoon on the new 0500 firmware. The first two flights were with GO 4.0.4 on Samsung S5 and worked well. I tried a semi-distance flight but it was windy and I didn't go far as I've not tested there before. It was just over 13,000' - very solid connection the whole time. It did ask me to upgrade the NFZ database which had failed at home upgrading, but I declined (no internet at the site). Sport mode hit just over 40 mph and the speed shown in mph in the app was finally correct.

Then I tried a flight with Litchi 3.10.5 on a Nexus 5x which worked great. I was comparing Legacy Pano mode with the new mode - they both work ok but the new one takes forever - 25% of the battery for 26 shots. New mode 6:36, legacy mode 2:08. Orbit worked fine.

Anyway everything worked that I tried. The new version looks fine.

Here's the signal strength and distance every 30 seconds as I flew up a mountain.

View attachment 7553
I'm still on .400, but my signal errors don't go into the double digits, maybe one point might show like 11-12 in a noisy industrial area.

Reactions: mastruck
I'm still on .400, but my signal errors don't go into the double digits, maybe one point might show like 11-12 in a noisy industrial area.

At what distance? I've never seen single digits at any distance with any drone with any firmware. Under 50 errors works great - it's even fine at more like 100.

mmm I'm think not.. the reverb effect is what it have before.. now it sound twice.. less melodic each.
I have heard this from many people who have updated, I believe it is normal.
Regards,
-d.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Photogeezer